Juancho's artistic something (Fate & Foresight 02/22/2012)

Started by juancho, February 16, 2010, 02:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juancho

Thanks again for the suggestion, it does look way better now.

Most of you have alredy seen this, but for thoose who missedi t

Outcast, oficial avatar designed by yours truly

Outcast

Teleports in cross posted thread to continue thanking Juancho...(kneels and bows non stop). ^_^

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: Outcast on February 10, 2012, 02:35:56 PM
kneels and bows non stop...

Pfft, how unvillainly!  ;)

Sorry, I just gooped my way in here (for the 100th time) to say congrats on the 2000th post, Mister J!
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Outcast

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on February 10, 2012, 02:47:12 PM

You're right.....ok...how about this....i shall kidnap this great artist Juancho so he shall only do micros and designs only for me....bwahahaha...begins weaving dark portal to capture the great Juancho...bwahahaha... mine...mine....all mine...:twisted:

psst...Juancho...errr...that's your cue to log out of the forum... ;)

Deaths Jester

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on February 10, 2012, 02:47:12 PM

Sorry, I just gooped my way in here (for the 100th time) to say congrats on the 2000th post, Mister J!

Gawds...who let the goopy back in here!!!  (I remember Syn first calling you a goop...hehehehe)
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

naitvalis

thats a very nice avatar indeed, there is something sculpted on that symbol on the head between the little "wings"? in my opinion there must be.
by the way for what can i see the Juancho signature is always a guarantee of quality.

Outcast

Quote from: naitvalis on February 10, 2012, 06:03:13 PM
thats a very nice avatar indeed, there is something sculpted on that symbol on the head between the little "wings"? in my opinion there must be.

Initially, I thought there were wings myself. But upon closer inspection, they are lines that follow the shape of the open mask.
Spoiler

Quote from: naitvalis on February 10, 2012, 06:03:13 PM
by the way for what can i see the Juancho signature is always a guarantee of quality.

Yeah. Juancho has been making micros and redesigns long before i even joined this forum. He's quite famous for them. I'm very lucky that he decided to help me out. :cool:

MJB

Great job on the micro Juan! Really cool design.

Congrats on getting a sweet costume design, Outcast.

juancho

thanks guys for the feedback. It really makes my day to see that people like my work.

Thanks for the 2k posts congrats Preraph, I haven't even noticed untill you pointedo ut.

I haven't been able to do any micro work since I finished outcast, I'll see if I can start on something tonight :D

juancho

I know Micro wednesday is way overdue :P
I've been really bussy this week, but I have one original micro and one redesign almost ready. I'll try to post them tonight when I get home from the office :D

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: juancho on February 16, 2012, 02:01:55 PM
I know Micro wednesday is way overdue :P

Well, I wasn't going to say anything...  ;)

And while I am looking forward to seeing what you've come up with, you should probably be careful. You don't want to start intruding on Tomato Thursday, what with the Popsicle vs Potato fiasco going on!  :P

EDIT:
Though if it came down to it, I'm thinking the 'Cho vs 'To Battle Royale.

juancho

and you know what the outcome of that battle would be?

Spoiler
Frozen tomato sauce

and yes I'm distracted and want to work no more :P but my boss is coming to town next week, and he says he wants to talk to me personaly. He wants to change the workflow (I'm guessing I'm getting more responsabilities for the same salary :P)

juancho

As promised on my previous post
One redesign and one original

Flesheater (The ultimate Evil) and Soleana (Elarian's second in comand)

Enjoy!!!

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: juancho on February 16, 2012, 03:01:08 PM
and yes I'm distracted and want to work no more :P

Ha! I'm sure many can relate.

Those are some pretty awesome micros, Juancho! And side by side they make quite interesting comparison pieces. The simplicity of Soleana's costume and the kitted-out hardware (spiked braces/tats/weapons) of Flesheater work off one another quite well, as does your choice of colours. Although I've never been too much of a fan of the ultra-modern punk look, that sleeveless jacket is very cool. I kind of want it... I would look ridiculous wearing it, as many people would... but I want it all the same. And I'm really digging the calm and meditative qualities that you've brought out in Soleana's design with the simple, white fitted dress with clean geometric lines. Good stuff!

Outcast

Well i'm not too familiar with the original story/powers of Flesh Eater.... but it's nice to see a redesigned version of Flesh Eater. What's the story on this redesign? With the tatoos, red eyes and spiked gauntlets (like spawn's), i'm getting this demonic vibe from him. Is this redesign based on him being a demon? The gun (on his right hip)? kinda makes the design more modern i suppose? (Kinda like Bucky as Captain America having a gun. :unsure:)

Soleana's costume looks great. She looks like a sorceress. Am i right? Is she an original character of yours?  :cool:

I'm really interested in how you come up with these designs. Do you draw them first or something? Or look at other character references and get your ideas there? :)

juancho

The idea behind Flesheater redesign will be psotedo cne I get some confirmation aobut TUE, then I'll have a totally "cool" explanation :P

Soleana is an original character, she is supposed to be from the same universe as Queen Ambera (evil) and Elarian (good). She is Elarian's second in command, she has light powers, kinda like our own forum buddy AA.

naitvalis

i like both you are so gifted for design costumes! and i must admit i like that version of flesheater more then the "classic".

juancho

after checking with TUE about Fleasheater's background (which btw is competely cool) I can explain the idea under the tatts.

Thoose are not tatts but actual runes, drawn over his body to contain the ultimate evil core power of the sword. They are designed to protect his pure beign from the malevolent influences. It all started as some small runes over his hands, but since the character has grown so much power wise, so has the evil inside the sowrd.

Outcast

Quote from: juancho on February 18, 2012, 10:55:45 AM
after checking with TUE about Fleasheater's background (which btw is competely cool) I can explain the idea under the tatts.

Thoose are not tatts but actual runes, drawn over his body to contain the ultimate evil core power of the sword. They are designed to protect his pure beign from the malevolent influences. It all started as some small runes over his hands, but since the character has grown so much power wise, so has the evil inside the sowrd.

That is a cool background story. Nice job on the rune designs.:cool:

Quote from: juancho on February 17, 2012, 05:36:20 PM
Soleana is an original character, she is supposed to be from the same universe as Queen Ambera (evil) and Elarian (good). She is Elarian's second in command, she has light powers, kinda like our own forum buddy AA.

Should have guessed Soleana had light powers...with the sun like logo you made on her costume...oh..and i didn't know about AA's powers being light based either.  :doh:

juancho

Been working on something a bit different this weekend.
One of our main artistic critic members, he has a pretty werid gooey avatar, that is of course totally useless in a fight, non the less I'd like to present you

PreRaphaelite

But would he be totally useless if the gooey himself got a containtment suit?

I guess not :P

PreRaphaelite

I... I have legs!   :o

Those. Are. Amazing. I must admit, I thought anybody who drew my goopy avatar would have to be mad, because it's hardly the most exciting character - but you've really turned that around by showing just how creative you can be when given nothing more than... well... goo.

At first, I didn't even recognise him/me in the containment suit, I thought that was another avatar or original character. I'm huge! (Compared to my blob-form at least!)

I'm loving the modernness of it, the sleek simplicity, and the lack of emotion in both organic/cybernetic form. Thanks a bunch, Mister J.

P.S. I'm probably still quite useless in a fight.  :P

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on February 19, 2012, 11:01:58 PM
P.S. I'm probably still quite useless in a fight.  :P

If it hasn't already been done, someone needs to fiddle with that suit to give it the "clumsy" attribute.  And fall down a lot.   :twisted:
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

naitvalis

hehe nice work juancho!  i really like this idea for Pre! it look like a cyclop (maybe we can offer him some wine and then use a sharp thing on that eye...), mmm aniway i'm sure that in time Pre could have a whole wardrobe of suits  :).

MJB

Reepicheep

How is he going to squidge all over people while he's stuck in that thing?

Honestly, thats an awesome idea. Its like the avatar FR has been missing all these years.

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on February 20, 2012, 02:07:50 AM
If it hasn't already been done, someone needs to fiddle with that suit to give it the "clumsy" attribute.  And fall down a lot.   :twisted:
Quote from: naitvalis on February 20, 2012, 07:04:01 AM
maybe we can offer him some wine and then use a sharp thing on that eye...
Quote from: Reepicheep on February 20, 2012, 09:04:10 AM
How is he going to squidge all over people while he's stuck in that thing?

I see! It's like that, is it? *shakes fist* Yeah. Yeah, see what I did there?

Tomato

Personally, I see the problem more being how flimsy the suit would be... Sort of like how Cap. Atom was portrayed in JLU, all you'd have to do is crack the suit and PreR would just kind of ooze out.

juancho

Quote from: Tomato on February 20, 2012, 11:57:12 AM
Personally, I see the problem more being how flimsy the suit would be... Sort of like how Cap. Atom was portrayed in JLU, all you'd have to do is crack the suit and PreR would just kind of ooze out.

Stop arguing about ways to destroy the suit and start ponifiying preraphaelite's suited up now!!!!

Tomato

After all that work I put into doing his goop form? LOL nope. One Pony per person. I may make alterations of the original (MJB, Night Dragon, etc.) but this would be pretty much a brand new pony.

Somewhere down the line when I've actually completed everyone I want to on FR? I might go back and update some ponies (yours, PreRs, etc.) but right now I still have at least a good dozen members who deserve a nod before I rehash old ones. I only redid mine because I was tired of looking at it and you gave me an excuse to fix it.

Outcast

Hehe...brilliant idea of giving PreRaph a containment suit just like Krang of TMNT. I think it's only natural for him to get/build one for himself so he can be more of a threat as a villain. Nice thinking there Juancho.  :thinkingidea