News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Going Rouge

Started by 77, March 03, 2010, 06:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well the preorder is out now and you can purchase it for 29.99, it comes with access to the dual pistols and demon summoning next month and that's it.

I am going to wait for the complete package, 39.99, I won't get access to dual pistols or demon summoning early BUT I will get all the nifty extras, IE emotes, bonus power etc. and a free month.

There will be a booster pack for those that choose to preorder, no word on cost or if it will have a free month.

I'm cheap I will be waiting for the complete package or more details on the booster pack, IF the booster contains a free month, all the extras and costs 10 bucks, I'll get the preorder tomorrow, but this goes against is unlikely as all the other boost packs are 10 bucks and have no free month OR 20 bucks and have a free month. Either way it seems cheaper to wait at this point.

I really think they dropped the ball on this in marketing, they should have charged 39.99 for the preorder and given them access to the dual pistols and demon summoning along with all the extras, I would have payed for that free month or not. Charging 29.99 for Going Rouge basic, just 10.00 more than Good vs Evil would have made more sense to me.

MJB

I'm with you, 77. I'm going to wait for the complete edition. I messed around with Dual Pistols on test and I think I can wait for it.

rain

If you're not having fun with the game currently, Dual Pistols is not going to save it for you.

It is however chok full of awesome.

Personally I don't think its a huge deal. Early adopters are being offered an incentive (how many MONTHS early are they getting the power set?) Those who want to wait will essentially get a free month of game time as I expect the the goodies will be ten bucks.

Not sure how the ball has been dropped.

I'm good with it, but as I mentioned, I'm still having alot of fun with CoH
-rain

Every time a Hammyo'ed MoG scrapper falls to an elec snipe in the arena, an angel gets his wings

Quote from: rain on March 03, 2010, 02:43:16 PM

What I am saying is the packages should have been switched 40 bucks for the preorder with all the goodies and 30 bucks for a base GR.

That I would have spent my money on.

And I still enjoy the game very much!

rain

Quote from: 77 on March 03, 2010, 03:16:27 PM
Quote from: rain on March 03, 2010, 02:43:16 PM

What I am saying is the packages should have been switched 40 bucks for the preorder with all the goodies and 30 bucks for a base GR.

That I would have spent my money on.

And I still enjoy the game very much!

then whycome you never come kill with us?
-rain

Every time a Hammyo'ed MoG scrapper falls to an elec snipe in the arena, an angel gets his wings

Tortuga

Awhile back I was going to make a promo poster for "Going Rouge" but none of the main characters have exposed cheeks to make it really work.

BlueBard

Quote from: Tortuga on March 03, 2010, 09:06:59 PM
Awhile back I was going to make a promo poster for "Going Rouge" but none of the main characters have exposed cheeks to make it really work.

There's no costume option for rouged cheeks anyway.  That's got me seeing red.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Marmeille

Quote from: BlueBard on March 03, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
Quote from: Tortuga on March 03, 2010, 09:06:59 PM

There's no costume option for rouged cheeks anyway.  That's got me seeing red.

:lol:

I think I'll wait for the full colector edition or whatever it is called, I can wait to try the new powersets.
Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

AncientSpirit

I think I'm comind down on the side of waiting for the full release in July, as well.   I enjoyed playing with DP on the Test server but it doesn't seem worth paying out money now for it.   Also, being a throwback to the neanderthal ways, I enjoy touching, feeling, owning things -- so prefer tangible boxes, disks and serial codes to digital downloads. 

Actually, the biggest thing I was looking forward to for GR is now coming FREE in Issue 17 -- the Ultra graphics mode.   I finally upgraded my 19th century computer to 21st century specs and it can finally handle everything that CoH throws at it.  : )
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

MJB

Gratz on the new PC, AS. I hope to get a new machine one day and maybe then I can enjoy Ultra Mode.  :thumbup:

RTTingle

You just know I got this as soon as I could. :)

Looking forward to all the stuff that was updated after I already passed it.  Will be interesting to see how the game compares now.

B A D

I think you gentlemen are missing the  point.

I can shoot things .

Right this second.

As an impulse buyer, they had me at "shoot."
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.