News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Animated Glow texture

Started by Failed_Hero, March 27, 2010, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Failed_Hero

I know that we can animate bast textures, but I was wondering if the same idea could be applied to glow and refl textures on characters like Radiation Man or Human torch?
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

SickAlice

Wondering the same thing here. I assume adding _glow and _refl textures with the same name as the numbered animation ones.
Also I'm wondering if there's a way to add a transition between animations?

Cyber Burn

I really don't know much about animated textures, very little actually, but if you want to have a texture sit for a few frames, would it be possible by replicating the texture, and adding it to the end of the list?

Meaning, if you have 5 textures that your Mesh scrolls through, and you want texture #5 to stay for a few frames, could you add textures #6 - #10 (All being the same as #5) to make it appear if there was a delay in the rotation?

SickAlice

It's pretty easy. You Insert NiFlipController into the texture property block of a chosen mesh, then Insert source textures into the flip controller.
I'm looking to do the opposite of what your suggesting, as that's the default. The delay is already there, I want to replace that with a transition, like say
a texture fades out and into another. As it is it looks like the mesh is flickering where as I want a smooth color change happening. Even by adding more textures
the flicker is still present when going from one animation to the next.

AfghanAnt

This is actually easy to excute:

1. Nifskope two animated male_basic.tga on the model
2. Create one with normal saturation
3. Create one with saturation reduced 75%
4. Create texture for male_basic_glow.tga the same as usual
5. Watch as the skin lighten and dims.