Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Started by JeyNyce, March 31, 2010, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

A PC version will be coming out later this year, so it may be better if you wait a bit.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Courtnall6

Quote from: lugaru on September 13, 2010, 07:57:47 PM
It is funny, the reason I got really happy about this game was the 2099 levels and everyone (not just Mr. Hamrick) says they are confusing and not especially good. Oh well... I'll play the game a year or two late when it is cheap.

I was mostly interested in the 2099 levels too and if they aren't any good...not much chance I'll be getting the game. Also what JeyNyce said about it not being comparable to Web of Shadows...pretty much killed any chance of me buying it. Web of Shadows was a blast to play.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Tomato

I wouldn't rule it out entirely guys... while I would agree that 2099 is meh in terms of design and playability, the noir levels are fantastic... kind of like the spiderman version of arkham asylum. The only true fault I have with it is that I bought it at the same time as birth by sleep, and in comparison it's very lacking

Tortuga

Played through the first chunk of Amazing versus Kraven and wow, I haven't felt nauseous playing a game in a long time.  The controls are not fun at all.  Web swinging from pillar to pillar is just plain frustrating and those yellow indicators not only look horrible but they seem useless.  I'm glad our library shares console games because there's no way I would be happy paying for it.  Since it's free, I'll try it out some more :P

lugaru

Hopefully the controls will be more forgiving using keyboard and mouse when it comes out on PC.

I recently finished Web of Shadows and I did really well with that game completely avoiding the target system and all that crud. Unfortunately the final boss battle forces the target system on you pretty often and I was suffering like a console player, swinging around and attacking the foes the computer picked (usually the last one I would have chosen too).

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Tortuga on September 16, 2010, 02:20:07 AM
Played through the first chunk of Amazing versus Kraven and wow, I haven't felt nauseous playing a game in a long time.  The controls are not fun at all.  Web swinging from pillar to pillar is just plain frustrating and those yellow indicators not only look horrible but they seem useless.  I'm glad our library shares console games because there's no way I would be happy paying for it.  Since it's free, I'll try it out some more :P

It's much worse on the 2099 levels than the kraven levels

Spe-Dog

2099 level so shiny...bright lights...I think I'm going to have a seizure.  :thumbdown:
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

Tomato

I don't understand the hate on this game... it's not a great game (web of shadows is far superior imho) but it's decent... and besides, it features spiderham!

Spe-Dog

No hate here.  Much love have I for this game.  Oh, and as he himself says in the actors' interview, Dan Gilvezan rocks!
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

JeyNyce

No hate from me either.  It's not Web of Shadows, but it holds it own.  I just hope they have some DLC later on.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!