News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

John's Skopes and Skins

Started by John Jr., April 04, 2010, 12:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

I think her boobs are too big. 

I think I was being too indirect before.   :)

I can't wait to see Cosmic Boy.  Are you reading the new Legion titles?

John Jr.

I had a similar problem when I made a skope for Lana Lang, it's hard to find err... "less developed" female meshes, or in the wise words of some colleagues:
Quote from: daglob on April 16, 2010, 08:58:38 PM
Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on April 16, 2010, 05:11:10 PM
Arent there some teenage girls meshes floating around from back in the day? Ones that dont have huge knockers?

Well, maybe not. These are comic book characters. You dont see many women in comics who arent almost comically well endowed.

If you're gonna take the trouble to draw 'em, you might as well make it worth it.

Yeah, I'm reading Legion and Adventure Comics and liking them. I'm a big Paul Levitz fan.

John Jr.

I'm still having some troubles with my skope for the kid sized Cosmic Boy, but the skin for the older version it's almost done:

Mesh is cosmic_boy1_tv bt Tommyboy.

murs47

Cyber Burn

You have gotten really good, really fast. Again, I'm really impressed with your facial work.

AfghanAnt

Wow, I get a real 70's vibe from his hair and face.

BentonGrey

Very nice, JJ.  I would darken the pink into more of a purple...but that's mostly because I hate Cosmic Boy's pink costume! :P  Other than that, he looks great, and I love the 70's hair.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

laughing paradox

Very nice, JJ.

I'd suggest adding to the belt.. make it lighter on top, add a gradient. Right now it looks too simple with the rest of your great skin.

And weren't his shorts black?

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
Yeah, I'm trying to get a 70's look with this guy. I'm glad it worked. The hair is from Tommyboy's versatile mesh and it's called "70's hair" or something like that, so the merit is all Tommy's, I just choose it.
LP,
Rokk's costume changed a bit in the first LSH appearances, but in the late 60's/early 70's it had white boots and trunks (earlier the bots were pink with white trims and the shorts black). The belt and the hair aren't finished yet and I agree with you about the belt details.
Benton,
I'm not a fan of the pink costume either, so I used the the darker pink I got from a Cosmic Boy cover appearance. The things we have to do to be faithful to the source material...

John Jr.

I edited the skin to better fit the cosmic_boy1_tv available in Tom's site. It has a slightly different mapping than the other version (available on the LSH Mod), so I had to made some changes to my skin. I added more details to the hair and belt too.

Still working on the "Cosmic (very young) Boy" version.

But I already have a team for a group shot:

What you think guys?

daglob

You could always do a "flashback" with them dressed the way they were in Adventure 247...

Cyber Burn

Really nice John. Can't wait to see more.

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
I'm still not finished with the Legion, there are some classic and current versions I want to do. I hated "Legion of 3 Worlds" execution, but I liked the concept a lot, so I made some skins of characters from that mini. One or two are reasonable enough to be shown, so I'll make more updates later this week.

John Jr.

Sodam Yogurt, I mean Yat, Last of the Guardians and Gladiator look alike.

Mesh is Ink's Imperial Guard Gladiator, I just alphaed out the parts I didn't needed.

Podmark

Cool skin.

I like Sodam Yat but I really hated that look. On a tangent, is he still considered "dead" or did they reveal he's still alive yet?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on August 04, 2010, 03:54:06 AM
Cool skin.

I like Sodam Yat but I really hated that look. On a tangent, is he still considered "dead" or did they reveal he's still alive yet?

I'm not sure about the Legion version, but they brought him back a few issues ago in GLC.

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on August 04, 2010, 04:04:15 AM
Cool skin.

I'm not sure about the Legion version, but they brought him back a few issues ago in GLC.

Good.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Quote from: Podmark on August 04, 2010, 04:40:53 AM
Quote from: murs47 on August 04, 2010, 04:04:15 AM
Cool skin.

Good.

He's alive and well in Legion #1, so Yat survived to the 31th century in the LSH timeline.
Yeah, this look is terrible, but since it is Yat's "official look" as a Guardian I wanted to try my hand at it.

daglob

laughing paradox

Great team shot.. LLL!

I am liking Sodam Yat. You should skope a Legion ring on his finger!

Cyber Burn

Good skin, good use of shadows around his shirt, but what was DC smoking when they designed the costume? Again John, good skin, but I hope someone at DC puts him or his costume to rest.

John Jr.

My first FF character skin/skope.
Teen Urchin is still a WIP.

Podmark

I like it. It's a nice design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Looks good JJ, perhaps a little more highlights and shadows to the chest area.

John Jr.

Thanks, guys, I'm glad you liked it.
Pod,
I'm trying to follow the Irrational design to the never released FF 3, I really liked their design.
Murs,
Thanks for the tip. I still getting used to the use of Patterns, it's hard to get the right look (and I want to thank Daglob again for teaching me how to use it!). 

John Jr.

I made two different versions, on with more highlights than the other.

Which one is better, guys?

BentonGrey

Nice work so far, my friend!  I love those FFIII designs, so it is always great to see them made.  Let's see....well, I think she could benefit from longer hair...maybe the female longhair version, like the DCUG's Mera?  Also, she needs that compact, but I don't know what you'd use for it.  Perhaps a smaller scale pattern on the chest?:

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/15161/freedom-force/images/freedom-force-20090626030225837.html

Of course, all of these thoughts are given without any real concept of how hard their implementation might be, so feel free to completely disregard them. ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

murs47

I'd say the bottom one, JJ. This is coming along nicely.

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
Benton, I couldn't find a wig with the right length, some were too long, others too short. This one was the better of the lot, but I always can try others. I have no idea about what to use for the compact, maybe a resized round belt buckle?

John Jr.

I made a new Bucky Barnes skope, this time a gun toting version. Skin is only an edited version of my earlier Bucky skin, so it's still a WIP.
The skope was made with parts of  different Tommyboy's meshes, including his new Captain America.