News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

John's Skopes and Skins

Started by John Jr., April 04, 2010, 12:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

That's extremely good. I think I hate you  ;).

Cyber Burn

Very clean. I like it.

Spoiler
(Don't tell daglob, but I don't hate you yet).

Podmark

I like it. He's got a very mature look - a nice bridge to his modern appearances.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Awesome work JJ!  I think that the blue could use a bit more "oomph..." but how should you do that?  I haven't the slightest. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

murs47

Well done JJ. The face is very good.

John Jr.

Thanks guys.
EDIT: Changed the keyframes, so I had to change the face to adapt it a little, fixed the eye color and added a little detail to the shirt.

laughing paradox

I'm liking this Bucky. The hair looks pretty good.

Just add a dark seams at the bottom of his briefs, maybe a touch of shadow, to give it that raised look.

Also, the gloves look like a solid red.. maybe add a few different shades of red on the glove to make it stand out.

Scorpion13mk2

You have the face down good there. Nice work.

I actually kinda like the super-saturated colors on him. Makes you notice him more.

John Jr.

Thanks for the tips, LP. I'll try it.
Scorpion, C6's base fit as a glove, I just edited the mouth, eyes and ears.
BTW, I'm trying to paste a gun in Bucky's hand, but I can't fix it in the right position. Would a real skoper be kind enough to help me? Thanks!

EDIT: Tried to follow LP's suggestions, but don't know if I did it right.

Cyber Burn

Looks really good. I'm especially digging the mask. Nice shift of colors.

deano_ue

the cloth is looking good but it needs highlights, the shadows work but it does seem flat

John Jr.

Thanks guys.
UE, unfortunately I still can't do decent highlights. I'm still trying anyway.

John Jr.

It's not done yet, I know I still have a lot to do, but I wanted to post some screenshots of the skin.
The mesh is a hex of Grenadier's Batman.

murs47

Looks pretty good so far JJ. The wrist bands look especially good.

laughing paradox

Good job, JJr!

I agree with Murs about the wrist bands, they came out very well. So with the bat logo on his chest, do you want the logo to stick out of the costume, or to recede in the costume? If it's to stick out, then the light seams should be on top, not the bottom.

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
LP, I'll fix the bat symbol, thanks for the tip.

John Jr.

What you think, guys? I had to edit some images form an actual "Batman" cover to get the belt right.

Amazo Version 2.2

Before I read your comment, my eyes went straight to the belt. Looks great.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

laughing paradox

Could you post a closer picture of the belt? It looks a little fuzzy on my screen.

John Jr.

I'm not very satisfied with the belt, but it's the best I can do for now.

BentonGrey

Hmm....I actually like the belt.  It has a unique look to it.  I definitely like the color you went with for it, and the texture of it is rather neat.  The bat symbol itself isn't quite right...but I can't put my finger on what it needs.  Great work man, you continue to improve!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Thanks, Benton. I edited a belt capsule of an original Batman cover to do mine, so the colors are from a DC colorist. I just copied, edited and so on. I'm trying to get a 3d effect for the  bat symbol, but still didn't got it right.

Avalon

I think Tommyboy did a Batman Begins mesh that has a belt that might work better. I can't remember the name of the mesh off hand.

John Jr.

I updated my Superboy skin, re-made all the blue parts, changed s-shield and belt and added highlights using what I learned from Mur's great tutorial. OK, it's almost a brand new skin. I tried a more "comic book" feel this time. I'm kinda of happy with it now...

Kenn

Honestly, I prefer your other Superboy skin.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

AfghanAnt

I'm not sure which SB I prefer (I don't remember seeing a old one) but I do like the belt work on Batman and cloth work on Bucky.

Outcast

Hmmm...i think i also like the other Superboy skin shown in this link.

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=52553.30

The highlights are not that strong but i don't know it looks better somehow for me. It's a classic comic look i guess. But kudos for being able to make some good highlights using Murs' technique to give it a more modern comic book feel . :)

Kenn

I count at least 16 distinct light sources, each within very close (6" or so) proximity of Kal, needed to make those highlights.

Also, the blues look like separate hues, not different shades of the same colour.   In the highlighted areas, there is approx. 4x more blue than red and 1.5x more blue green.   In the dark areas, the amount of blue is 16x more than the amount of red and 2x amount of green.  The dark areas are actually a richer shade of blue, and the highlights are more of a cyan.   But even if the light sources were orange tinted, then the rest of him would show it too.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

I did a Hulk skin for Yellow Lantern. I decided it was too close to olive drab, so I did a brighter one (through the magic of Photoshop). YL liked the original, olive drab one (look at his section here: http://ffcenter.net/champions/).

I like 'em both. If you didn't paint over the original (NEVER a good idea), offer BOTH in a 2-pack.

laughing paradox

First, I like that Bat-Belt. It's unique and I really dig it.

Now about Superboy.. I totally see what you're doing here with the comic book effect, as opposed to your other Superman skin. Since this is Superboy, I know you're not going for super-detailed musculature, but I think this skin (since it's more comic book inspired) would benefit from a six pack from the base. That's not to say to change the whole base to a new one.. you can combine bases to make something you may like, if you wanted to. Maybe add the six pack from one base skin and add it to another, to see how it looks. (Adjusting it as you go, of course).

On a side note, it looks like you're really improving with seams. It took me forever to get a decent grasp on it.