News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

John's Skopes and Skins

Started by John Jr., April 04, 2010, 12:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

Quote from: daglob on June 18, 2010, 06:43:06 PM
I did a Hulk skin for Yellow Lantern. I decided it was too close to olive drab, so I did a brighter one (through the magic of Photoshop). YL liked the original, olive drab one (look at his section here: http://ffcenter.net/champions/).

I like 'em both. If you didn't paint over the original (NEVER a good idea), offer BOTH in a 2-pack.

That's my original idea. The first version (show in the link Outcast posted) would be more realistic, near to the tv show costume (so, few highlights and less muscles showing). The second is all "comic book" look, so more highlights and so.
I usually make "less highlighted" versions, for the reasons Kenn pointed, but since I'm a newbie I want to play with new techniques I'm learning (new toys!) and I loved Mur's tut about highlights.
Thanks for the suggestions and the kind words guys. Do you believe it's worth to release the skins (the 2 Superboys, Bats and Bucky)?

Kenn

My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

John Jr.

The're all available in FRP2.
I wish to thank Prev and the FRP guys for hosting it and Chukles for the great preview images.
Thanks a lot guys!
You can get the skins, skopes and hexes here:
http://frp.unlimited2.net/three-new-skopes/
I hope you like them.

John Jr.

As a Legion fan I'm very happy the team is experimenting a "renaissance". I'm specially found of the retro tales shown in "Superman Secret Origins" and "Adventure Comics", so I wanted to play some EZScript stories with the classic team in the Rumble Room.
Tommyboy, Laughing Paradox and JK Carrier already made stunning versions of the twenty something Imra Ardeen, but I wanted a new skope and skin for the teenaged version.

The mesh is a hexed version of Ink's Marvel Girl. The skin was made over a C6 Female Basic base skin.
As always, feedback is most welcomed.

Xenolith

As a Legion fan (especially the stuff from the 60s) I'm always happy to see more Legion stuff.

laughing paradox

I like what you got going here.. crisp lines, nice shade of red... it's good.

I would recommend making the skirt part look more like a skirt. Add some shadow on her legs to add some depth, too.

Keep doing more Legionnaires, too!

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
Good idea about the skirt, LP. I'll try it.
I want to make skins for most of the first members (the three founders, Superboy, Phantom Girl and Triplicate Girl).

John Jr.

What I'm trying to do:

What I already have:

laughing paradox

They are all looking good, JJ.

The Triplicate Girl skope and skin came out nice.. I like her smile and boots.

electro

Who's the artist on that Legion picture? - The style reminds me of Jean Giraud Moebius :blink:

John Jr.

Quote from: electro on July 07, 2010, 10:26:40 PM
Who's the artist on that Legion picture? - The style reminds me of Jean Giraud Moebius :blink:

ADVENTURE COMICS #12 (Comic - On Sale June 02, 2010)

Written by PAUL LEVITZ ? Art by KEVIN SHARPE ? Cover by SCOTT CLARK & DAVID BEATY ? 1:25 "DC 75th Anniversary" Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

Legion great Paul Levitz begins his ADVENTURE COMICS run by revisiting the Legion's past in this special story featuring one of Superboy's earliest adventures in the far...

Cyber Burn

I definitely like what you have so far...a suggestion would be to maybe skope on trip's belt. But otherwise, some good looking stuff here.

John Jr.

LP and CB,
Thanks for the kind words.
I'll probably try Lightning Lad next.

John Jr.

The (very) earlier years:

A more mature version:

I made a skope for "kid" Garth, the "teen" version is the old Male Cape mesh.

BentonGrey

Stop it JJ....just stop it.  You're making me look bad!  Ha!  I can only mod, and here you are modding AND skinning.  These look great, my friend.  Your color work is really improving.  Saturn Girl and Superman are especially impressive.  I think your lightning bolts on Garth's chest could be a bit sharper, but I imagine that is MUCH easier to say than to do.  All in all, these guys are really impressive, buddy!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Thanks, Benton.
I'll try to make better looking lightnings for Mr. Ranzz. Thaks for the tip.
Don't say you can "only" mod, you're one of our best modders, period! I'm just an amateur modder and skinner.
I'm glad you liked Superboy and Saturn Girl, I'm kinda of happy with them (and I'm rarely happy with my skins and skopes).

Xenolith

I like the "very" early years mesh and skin a lot. 

John Jr.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked Lightning Lad, Xenolith. I played a lot with his face to get the right look.
Cosmic Boy should be the next.

murs47

Nice JJ. You plan on doing his new look as well?

Outcast

Quote from: John Jr. on July 21, 2010, 11:04:06 PM
I played a lot with his face to get the right look.

So that's why i liked it.  :P

Looking forward to see how you do Cosmic Boy. ;)(slips back into the shadows.. :ph34r:)

John Jr.

Quote from: murs47 on July 21, 2010, 11:08:55 PM
Nice JJ. You plan on doing his new look as well?

I'm glad you liked it, Murs. I couldn't make my Legionnaires without your tutorials.
I have no plans for the Legionnaire's current look...yet.

Quote from: Outcast on July 22, 2010, 04:43:55 AM
Quote from: John Jr. on July 21, 2010, 11:04:06 PM
I played a lot with his face to get the right look.

So that's why i liked it.  :P

Looking forward to see how you do Cosmic Boy. ;)(slips back into the shadows.. :ph34r:)

It's great to know Garth's face worked for you. I'm still working in Rokk's skope for the "early years". Teen version will use Tommyboy's great mesh.

laughing paradox

I really like what you did with his face! I agree about the lightning bolts, too.. and you don't have to make each one.. just make one and copy the layer, then flip it to the other side.

Really, that face is really friggin' nice.

And yeah, I love the current look of the Legion.. they even got Tyroc back on the team and he looks cool!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: John Jr. on July 20, 2010, 05:07:04 AM
Thanks, Benton.
I'll try to make better looking lightnings for Mr. Ranzz. Thaks for the tip.
Don't say you can "only" mod, you're one of our best modders, period! I'm just an amateur modder and skinner.
I'm glad you liked Superboy and Saturn Girl, I'm kinda of happy with them (and I'm rarely happy with my skins and skopes).

Check out various fonts. You could find some lightning bolts that way.

John Jr.

I'm glad you all liked Garth's face, guys. I hope Imra like it too :P
I remade the bolts using an actual image of Garth's symbol. It's better now?

BentonGrey

Much improved JJ, my friend.  He looks pretty fantastic all told. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: John Jr. on July 24, 2010, 03:59:04 PM
I'm glad you all liked Garth's face, guys. I hope Imra like it too :P
I remade the bolts using an actual image of Garth's symbol. It's better now?

Absolutely, love the face too.

John Jr.

Triplicate Girl got a skoped belt. Does she looks better now?

Cyber Burn

Definitely, she looks much cleaner. Good job.

Xenolith

I like, but I think she would look better on a teen body.

I envy that you have been able to skin so well in such a short time.  I can't quite get the hang of it.

John Jr.

Thanks guys, you're very kind.
Xenolith,Triplicate Girl's body is Ink's Female Teen Versatile. I just edited the hair and skoped the cape and belt.
Now, back to Cosmic Boy...