Main Menu

John's Skopes and Skins

Started by John Jr., April 04, 2010, 12:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

AfghanAnt

Quote from: John Jr. on November 14, 2014, 01:12:45 AM
Thanks, AA.
I'm planning to get the job done in the next days. I have been overworked in my RL job, so my skinning time is kinda of limited right now.

I can't wait!

That is totally me right now. I'm just trying to sneak time here and there to get some skins/skopes done.

laughing paradox

Movie Thor is looking great already! Nice job on it.

John Jr.

Thanks for the support, Spidey, AA and LP.
Thor is finally available, I'm sorry it took so long, but this was hands down the most challenging skin I ever made (the skope was easy enough). I tested a lot of different cloth, leather and metal textures before I was satisfied with him (well, I'm still not satisfied, but I know this is the best I can do for now).

It's not exactly Crhis Hemsworth, but I hope you find him useful.

You can get Thor and my other skopes here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cavernadosilencio/info

Cyber Burn

Very impressive JJ. I look forward to seeing what else is on your list.

WyldFyre

Looks like Hemsworth to me.  Great job and <sheepishly for not posting earlier> what cyber said.
For Freedom!

hoss20

Great job. The armor looks fantastic.

windblown

laughing paradox

I love the completed look! Great Thor.

John Jr.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm very glad you liked my take on Thor.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 23, 2014, 08:33:21 PM
Very impressive JJ. I look forward to seeing what else is on your list.

Chris Reeve as Superman and Chris Evans as Captain America (Hemsworth, Reeve, Evans...You don't need to be called "Chris" to play a super-hero in a movie, but it helps).

style

Hey you forgot Starlord Chris Pratt :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

Tomato

Not to mention CHRIStian Bale.

Podmark

Nice Thor. Good job on all the chest armor.

Yeah it really is funny how many Chris' star in super hero movies.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Quote from: Podmark on November 30, 2014, 12:48:02 AM
Nice Thor. Good job on all the chest armor.

Yeah it really is funny how many Chris' star in super hero movies.

Thanks, Pod.
Maybe they should create their own team? The All-Chris-Squadron?

John Jr.

I'm still working on my Chris Reeve Superman (it's a dream project of mine), but I'm facing some issues with the face (photoskinned faces are a mystery to me). Meanwhile, I made a quick skope of the Earth 2 Superman. I don't even read E2, but I really liked the clean, "less is more" look, and I believe no one had skinned him yet, so...
Still a WIP, needs shadows and gradients, but I wanted to post an early image.

Podmark

Very nice. I agree about the design, I'd thought of skinning it for the same reasons.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: John Jr. on January 19, 2015, 08:26:15 PM
I'm still working on my Chris Reeve Superman (it's a dream project of mine), but I'm facing some issues with the face (photoskinned faces are a mystery to me). Meanwhile, I made a quick skope of the Earth 2 Superman. I don't even read E2, but I really liked the clean, "less is more" look, and I believe no one had skinned him yet, so...
Still a WIP, needs shadows and gradients, but I wanted to post an early image.

His skin tone is a little dark, but yeah this is a good design. I started a skin a while ago but abandonned it for Calvin Ellis' design (which I love). I'm not really love Earth 2 anymore, but I'm glad to see Val-Zod skinned.

Starman

Always nice to see more Earth-2 skins ... particularly the new Superman.  :thumbup: The comic is kind of one huge ongoing fight scene now, though.

John Jr.

Thanks, guys. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who liked the clean design on E2 Supes.
AA,
I used Mur's base for the skin, any suggestion about how I could give it a lighter skin tone?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: John Jr. on January 20, 2015, 02:34:46 PM
Thanks, guys. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who liked the clean design on E2 Supes.
AA,
I used Mur's base for the skin, any suggestion about how I could give it a lighter skin tone?

I usually use variation in Photoshop and manual highlights.

John Jr.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 20, 2015, 06:02:42 PM
Quote from: John Jr. on January 20, 2015, 02:34:46 PM
AA,

I usually use variation in Photoshop and manual highlights.

Thanks for the tip, AA. I used Variation and added a little more brown to the skin. Better now?

AfghanAnt

John Jr.

windblown

Very nice skin John Jr. I didn't know this character/costume.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: windblown on January 29, 2015, 01:18:06 AM
Very nice skin John Jr. I didn't know this character/costume.

Same with me, I'm unfamiliar with the Character, but it's a great Skin.

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
This is the second Superman from the Earth 2 series, I don't even read the comic, but I really liked the design.

UnkoMan

I've never seen this E2 Superman design before, but I love it. I'm a sucker for clean and simple.

Your skin looks great! I love it!
Two tiny points are, maybe the neck hole could be a bit bigger to match up to the cape, and the hairline a tiny bit less pointy?
Really amazing job though! Do all the white/silver parts have a refl? Would look awesome to see him shimmering in game.

PS: That Aquaman is killer!

SickAlice

Looks great. I like your use of precise technique. And there is nothing not to love about E2 Superman. I'll be downloading this one and using him in campaigns.

BentonGrey

I know nothing about this character, but that is a nice design and a particularly nice skin.  Good work man!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Long time since I last skinned a character and it shows. Still a WIP.