News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

a better way to attached objects

Started by kpetti11, April 04, 2010, 06:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpetti11

So i'm trying to add a horn and two bracelets to a meshes. I've used blender to make them and texture them. When i join them with the mesh, or parent them to the skeleton, then the export doesn't work and it says they aren't weighted. I unparent and disjoin them, and that makes the export work. They arn't attached to the skeleton though, so i go into nifskope and try to attach them. I cope the branch for the object and paste it under whatever node it is close to, then transform it back to the spot i want it. this is kind of a hassle and doesn't work to great, and it also changes the object from than editable mesh. How do i get something whatever I've made to export blender parented and weighted so i don't have to mess around in nifskope positioning it and changing the editable mesh?

GogglesPizanno

Are you attaching it to the skeleton, or the head of the biped object?
In my experience with blender and ff character meshes, doing anything with the skeleton just causes headaches.
I would just attach the objects to the relevant biped object and just leave the skeleton alone and see if that works out better.