News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Teabonics

Started by Panther_Gunn, April 07, 2010, 09:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pargon/sets/72157623594187379/

ummm.....wow.  Spell-checker (and dictionary.com) are your friends.  But apparently not theirs.

If you're gonna stand outside with a big sign, trying to get your opinion/thoughts/point heard, wouldn't you want it to a.)  actually be understood, and b.) not immediately dismissed as parroted mumblings from ignorant sheep because you can't even properly spell what you're upset about?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

The Phantom Eyebrow

I haven't looked at them all, but "Respect are country speak English" is particularly good.   :lol:

(I'm only dimly aware of this movement, and I don't want to drag this into a policial discussion, but is there an element of satire to this; perhaps that was deliberate?)

yell0w_lantern

I was hoping this was about the way Mr. T. speaks.

I'm not sure if this is irony, hypocrisy or ignorance: consumers in the VA Health System being against socialized medicine.
Yellow Lantern smash!

lugaru

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on April 10, 2010, 11:56:29 AM
I was hoping this was about the way Mr. T. speaks.

I pitty the fool that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security!

Nyte Dragon

Okay let's turn the political dial back on this folks. Poking fun at folks fur bad grammer and spelling are prefectully okay.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

yell0w_lantern

And let's get back to what this topic should really be about, namely, MR. T!
Yellow Lantern smash!

Ephemeris

With the start of baseball season, I'd thought I'd post some related to that,,

Last year's opener:

http://presidentsrace.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/zimmerman-natinals002.jpg?w=240
Two shirts were in error, both were corrected after three innings.

and this year's:

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2010/04/07/PH2010040704612.jpg
One shirt was in error and was corrected after three days , when it was noticed.

Lastly, I'm sorry if I offended anyone from D.C. or San Francisco.

detourne_me

Oh, those people with funny ideas, and unfortunately named affiliations. Perhaps they should have practiced harder in spelling and grammar learning and less on creative writing.

Here's a funny one. Two years ago I was working for a private English academy that decided to publish a textbook.  I was one of the main editors, however I never got to see the final design before it went to print.
The day comes to get the shipment, and what do we find?
On the cover, the book's title "All In - Essential Grammer"
Oh, my boss was ticked.
The second printing worked out alright though.

lugaru

Nice... I just recently purchased a MASSIVE Love and Rockets absolute edition (Locas 1) and I was super overwhelmed by the book. The size, the hard cover, the embosed image of maggie and hoppey, it seemed so fomal. Then on the back I read a really obvious typo (not mistake, it was a space in the middle of a word) and all of a sudden I'm like "ok, this aint no big deal" and jumped right in.

yell0w_lantern

Quit yo jibba jabba!
Yellow Lantern smash!