News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Traditions

Started by daglob, April 12, 2010, 01:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I can think of two of them:

The yearly JLA/JSA teamups that we looked forward to.

Every year or two Tony Stark would get the old gold suit out of mothballs and have to beat the snot out of someone in the new suit, thus proving that it's the man, not the machine, that is important.

Any others?

P.S. "Two super heroes/groups meet and think that each other is evil and they fight" isn't a tradition, it's an old, overused plot device.

murs47

Deadpool is so funny you roll on the floor laughing. Has not occurred in the year 2010, yet. Almost didn't happen in 2009. Yost & Kyle kept the tradition alive, thankfully.

BentonGrey

Someone disregards Batman because "he's only human," then is foiled by the Bat's brilliant mine and fighting spirit.  That's an old tradition.  The same applies for Cap.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

chuckles

ummm, tragedy in the life of Spider-Man.

BentonGrey

Quote from: chuckles on April 12, 2010, 02:39:32 AM
ummm, tragedy in the life of Spider-Man.

Tragedy and mistreatment in the life of Aquaman. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

GoldenGladiator

Someone destroys the X-mansion.

Wait. Oh no! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

"Next time we should just rebuild this place outta LEGOs"

Panther_Gunn

Braniac 5 blows up a section of the Legion HQ (a reason why no one wants quarters within 2 floors of his lab).
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

The Enigma

Ridiculous outcome to fight between two (or more) characters with massively different power levels. Usually in underdog's own title. Usually defended to the death by underdog fanboys with long and complicated explanations of why e.g. Batman could beat the Anti-Monitor fused with Darkseid (i.e. if he were given enough time to plan how to do it).
The Enigma skin by Juancho, thanks Jay. Fate skin by Kitt Basher, thanks Kitt. Microhero by Reepicheep, thanks Reep. Fate smiley by Paradox. RIP dude.

detourne_me

The X-mas trips into NYC that the mutants used to take were always good comics.
Also Avenger get-togethers in the mansions were cool too.

lugaru

Hulk fights The Thing.

The Punisher dresses up as Santa or kills somebody dressed up as Santa.

A new villain (or hero) beats the stuffing out of Doomsday or Juggernaut proving that we should be afraid of this new character.

Daredevil proves that he is hardcore, yet not a killer.

One x-man dies, another one comes back from the dead.

Wolverine gets a new ongoing or team book.

bearded

classic hero is updated to 'fit the times', comes across totally wrong, and reverts back to classic self.

AncientSpirit

The JLA changes its lineup, loses readers, returns to the core seven, gets readers back.

She-Hulk gets her own book, starts strong, loses readers, book is cancelled, then a new book is started.

Thing fights Hulk

Member(s) of the Fantastic Four leaves; new member joins temporarily, then the original member(s) return.

A child of the Fantastic Four becomes one of the most powerful superheroes in the Marvel Universe, then loses powers, then gets them back, then loses them again.

Namor professes his love for Susan Richards, despite the fact that she's married to Reed Richards for over 40 years now.  And Susan rejects him.

Doctor Doom gets more power than anyone in the universe, and then screws up and loses everything.

Doctor Doom teams with the Fantastic Four to save the world from a mutual threat.

A writer takes Wonder Woman in an entirely new direction.

Lois Lane goes to a beach where all her closest friends are wearing sun glasses -- but can't recognize any of them because they're wearing glases.
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

BentonGrey

Some new hero joins the JLA or Avengers and they turn out to be a double agent, either willingly or unwillingly.
God Bless

doctorchallenger

What about the holloween trips to Rutland Vermont, were superheroes would meet comic creators dressed as superheroes, or somehow mixed up in the convoluted plot to take over the world starting in Rutland, Vermont (Have's these supervillains actually seen Rutland, Vermont?)

BentonGrey

Quote from: doctorchallenger on April 12, 2010, 11:56:26 PM
What about the holloween trips to Rutland Vermont, were superheroes would meet comic creators dressed as superheroes, or somehow mixed up in the convoluted plot to take over the world starting in Rutland, Vermont (Have's these supervillains actually seen Rutland, Vermont?)

Yeah, and they also had unofficial JLA/Avengers crossovers set there for several years running.
God Bless

John Jr.

A crossover that will "change the so and so Universe forever" kills a dozen of characters.
Other crossover  that will "change the so and so Universe forever"  resurrects those characters.
In the good side, "buddy books", like GL & Flash, Spidey and Torch, etc.

Tawodi Osdi

Superman will have to fight some sort of doppleganger of himself.

daglob

I thought of another: The hero/group keeps a trophy room/captured demonic devices, which can get stolen, or have to be used by the "club mascot" to save the heroes from some menace.