A Third Batman Film has Been Officially Announced.

Started by kkhohoho, May 05, 2010, 04:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkhohoho

The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

thalaw2

I doubt it's gonna top Dark Knight at the box office...
革命不会被电视转播

Talavar

Probably not, unless another young star dies semi-mysteriously just before it comes out.  But I'd rather hope it's good over setting box office records.

BWPS

Wow. That's the greatest news I've ever heard. If Christopher Nolan can make a movie even half as good as Batman Begins let alone comparable to TDK, I'd be ok with letting him win the game. Which I just lost.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

CarpeGuitarrem

EPIC. This is really good news. Means that things are ready to go down...and since he's had so much time, this won't be a rush job. Very, very, very exciting news. I really hope that Nolan can wrap up this trilogy with gusto. I think he's got the stuff. This will be an event to remember.

Cardmaster

I'm still holding out hope for The Riddler.
I :wub: The Riddler. And if Johnny Depp DID play him (as was rumored last year) things would be pretty complete, as I have a man-crush on that man's character acting abilities, ha.

-CM :cardmaster
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

deano_ue

bah david tennet for the riddler or not at all

yell0w_lantern

Nah! Jim Carrey. Oh, and the bat suit needs nipples....
Yellow Lantern smash!

CarpeGuitarrem

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on May 20, 2010, 03:45:00 PM
Seconded. Have you seen the fake "Gotham City" poster featuring him as Riddler? It's phenomenal.

deano_ue

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on May 20, 2010, 04:15:33 PM

i still stand by the fact that carrey would have be brilliant if giving a decent script and director

Cardmaster

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on May 20, 2010, 03:45:00 PM

I'll be honest. I could also get behind that. That would be amazing.  :wub:
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on May 20, 2010, 05:46:59 PM
Quote from: yell0w_lantern on May 20, 2010, 04:15:33 PM

i still stand by the fact that carrey would have be brilliant if giving a decent script and director

Hear, hear!  A *competent* director would have reigned-in most of his ad-libbing, and made him actually act!
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

marhawkman

Riddler doing a scheme to "steal" the stock market would be sweet!

Bah, Carrey ALWAYS ad libs.... Directors don't so much care since he's good at it.  He's a standup comic first, actor second.

BentonGrey

I would like to see a third Bat film with the Riddler...and with a tighter script.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

Trelau

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a constant reminder that Carrey is a good actor. Like others said before, if given a true script (not "do your comedy thing" like he's being told in most of his role) he could make a very convincing Riddler.

Hmm...this question probably belongs in the Comic Book section, but what would be the best Riddler-story to make onscreen? I mean, assuming they do go with Riddler, what was his most compeling scheme ever? or his best enigma ever?

Shogunn2517

I actually remember when Batman Forever was still in it's rumor stage, I was hearing John Malcovich's name tossed around for the Riddler.  I actually still don't think that would be such a bad idea, but the Riddler as a character has been redone a few times so it really depends on how the character is written before we say Malcovich Depp or Carey or anyone really.  Beyond that the Joker was as much of a product of Nolan than it was of Ledger.  I think he was able to bring the best out of the actor to make a credible character.  I'm sure he'll do the same with the Riddler, or whoever it is they choose.

BWPS

Quote from: Trelau on May 20, 2010, 08:35:34 PM
Hmm...this question probably belongs in the Comic Book section, but what would be the best Riddler-story to make onscreen? I mean, assuming they do go with Riddler, what was his most compeling scheme ever? or his best enigma ever?
This is why I don't like The Riddler for a movie. I've never heard of any story where he was all too compelling. He mostly seems to be ridiculous. A regular badguy who just plans schemes and then DOESN'T leave clues to help him get captured would be more of a threat. And some kind of money heist doesn't seem to be something hardcore enough for this version of Batman to stop. But I'm sure the writers could remake the character into something better like they did with Two-Face. Also I really don't want to see Johnny Depp put on a ridiculous outfit and talk funny without being funny and make the movie terrible while everyone compares him to Heath Ledger's joker and acts like he's actually that good at his job.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

yell0w_lantern

Maybe if Depp accidentally overdosed and died he would be received better in the role...
Yellow Lantern smash!

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

Zippo

If they did a fairly faithful representation of Bane it'd be pretty sweet I think. Of all the things Batman and Robin did wrong, their portrayal of Bane was perhaps the biggest sacrilege.

JeyNyce

They need a female villain.  Catwoman maybe....
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

CarpeGuitarrem

Quote from: Zippo on May 21, 2010, 08:46:57 PM
If they did a fairly faithful representation of Bane it'd be pretty sweet I think. Of all the things Batman and Robin did wrong, their portrayal of Bane was perhaps the biggest sacrilege.
I have a comic book nut for a friend who suggested this, and it sounds like a really good idea. Here's the way he put it: Ra'as Al'ghul (or however you spell it...) was a foe to Bruce Wayne, both physically and in terms of persona. Joker was a foe to Batman, focusing on his persona. Bane would be a foe to Batman, focusing on his physical aspect. It would prove for some nice symmetry: in Dark Knight, Batman's very persona and ideals were attacked, and now all it would take is his physical beatdown to complete the cycle, and threaten to destroy him completely.

That would be cool.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Trelau on May 20, 2010, 08:35:34 PM

The one "Riddler" story that I recall that was really compelling was not really a "Riddler" story.  It was a retelling/recap of his origin from his perspective but at the end, he goes into this really poignant bit about what's happened to all the old guys and how he is the only one who hasn't become a killer.

Having said that, Riddler would make a much better secondary villain ala The Scarecrow.

Tomato

See, to me a great story to do with Riddler at this point is to tie in what had been done in the comics recently, by having Nigma more in a Private Investigator role trying to solve the riddle of Batman's Identity, all the while acting as the mastermind behind whatever craziness is going on in Gotham at the time.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Tomato on May 22, 2010, 12:25:23 AM
See, to me a great story to do with Riddler at this point is to tie in what had been done in the comics recently, by having Nigma more in a Private Investigator role trying to solve the riddle of Batman's Identity, all the while acting as the mastermind behind whatever craziness is going on in Gotham at the time.

would love to see something along that line but i doubt it will come to pass.

Ajax

I'll be the first to say. No Riddler please. His character doesn't exactly fit in with the existing world Nolan and company have built. I say they go with Harley Quinn and Catwoman. They aren't working together mind you, just have both of them in the movie.

[edit]: Change of heart, they should bring in Talia as played by Salma Hayek. Batman is reaching the limit of of what he can do by himself and grows frustrated as Gotham gets worse and worse despite his efforts. Even a new masked villain (Harley Quinn) has appeared and taken up where Joker left off. Talia swoops in and offers him an organization to aid in his crusade. Blah blah she spends the beginning of the movie convincing him, turning point, he is convinced, tries it out, things seem to be going well then comes the inevitable oh noes the organization isn't what I thought moment, then he has to fight both Talia and round up Harley. Curtain. :P

Mr. Hamrick

I've said this before and I will say it again. 

The villain of the third film should be Hugo Strange.  This is based on what was left in the second film.  The police are after Batman.  Professor Hugo Strange is called in to offer a psycho-analysis of Batman and become obsessed with him.  The great thing about Hugo is that he could also utilize a lesser villain to "draw out" Batman in order to study him.

The secondary villain should be Riddler.  Play him as an enigma since that's his M.O.  He offers to help solve the riddle of Batman's identity but has ulterior motives.  He wants to prove he is smarter than the police and Batman.  Alternately, Riddler and Hugo could be swapped out.  The big thing to do with Riddler would be to cast multiple big name actors.  Johnny Depp? David Tennant?  and others?  Go for it.  Cast all them and have them all be utilized as Red Herrings and not revealed who really is The Riddler till the latter half of the movie.  This is only if The Riddler is your main villain.

Then there's Catwoman.  Have her as a wildcard.  At first, she seems to be a villain but have it revealed that she is stealing to protect an orphanage on the East End.  She winds up helping Batman in the end as it serves her purposes.

Also, a Black Mask or Penguin cameo could work too as all the other mob bosses have been killed off.  This furthers the notion that the "underworld" in Gotham is now being ran by "the freaks".

CarpeGuitarrem

Quote from: Ajax on May 23, 2010, 03:56:13 AM
I'll be the first to say. No Riddler please. His character doesn't exactly fit in with the existing world Nolan and company have built. I say they go with Harley Quinn and Catwoman. They aren't working together mind you, just have both of them in the movie.
Well, see, this is Nolanverse, and Nolanverse tends to recast characters in a new light anyway. Compare his Joker with the Mark Hamill Joker. They're very different characters. The Riddler could easily undergo a similar transformation.