News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

relationship advice

Started by thalaw2, May 22, 2010, 04:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

Wow!  Just Wow!  All can seem like candy and rainbows for a while then just....war!    I'm a peaceful man.  I don't want to break stuff. Any good relationship advice in the FR universe?  How does a man keep a woman? 
革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

I'm afraid that depends heavily on the man and the woman, but in my experience, the one universal is the need for good communication.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Never talk when angry. Let the anger pass, then talk, talk until both of you feel the problem is solved or, at least both feel you got some kind of deal that is good for you two.
Good luck.

murs47

Reepicheep

Or better yet, throw Murs at her.

Previsionary

He wants to keep a woman, Reep, not lose her. Gosh.
Disappear when you least expe--

murs47

Quote from: Previsionary on May 22, 2010, 08:53:59 PM
He wants to keep a woman, Reep, not lose her. Gosh.

Did you just give me a compliment, publicly? The sun shines even brighter today. ^_^

pr1983

do what she says, when she says it.

honestly, though; put her first, and if she's one of the good ones, she'll do the same to you, so you both win.

yell0w_lantern

Couples counseling can be a good start.
Yellow Lantern smash!

thalaw2

we did some of our own counseling this morning :D

Maybe i just need to get............married.
革命不会被电视转播

Midnight

Quote from: thalaw2 on May 23, 2010, 04:35:01 AM

*dramatic chord*

yell0w_lantern

Remember, getting married does not fix relationship problems. And for gosh sake, having a kid does not "make things better" either - it adds more stress. If there are problems work on them before having an 18+ year commitment.

Trust me, I work in mental health.
Yellow Lantern smash!

daglob

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on May 23, 2010, 04:19:34 PM
Remember, getting married does not fix relationship problems. And for gosh sake, having a kid does not "make things better" either - it adds more stress. If there are problems work on them before having an 18+ year commitment.

Trust me, I work in mental health.

Yeah, what he said.

Trust me; I'm divorced.

herodad1

if there are issues between you and you cant fix or move past them, they will only get worse in the years to come.yeah,marriage/kids wont fix your problems.ive been married 3 times.if #3 goes south i'm single for the rest of my life.sometimes we need to go with our heads and not the heart.the heart will lie to get what it wants.the head knows deep down what it needs/needs to do to be happy.also...if there are things about her that drives you nuts in the bad way,that to will only get worse.

JeyNyce

Communication, communication, communication!  Oh I did I mention talking to her?

I wish I could find that video of Batman explaining women to Blue Beetle.  That would come in handy right now.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Gremlin

Quote from: thalaw2 on May 23, 2010, 04:35:01 AM

...yeah, I would recommend not treating your problems with a bigger commitment. Figure out what's up, then take that step if you're ready. I am a young'un, inexperienced in the wily ways of courtship, but I've seen enough engagements fall apart (not to mention my mother's first husband, oi vey) to know that you need a really solid foundation before you build a tower on it.