News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Double Repulsors request

Started by herodad1, May 24, 2010, 10:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herodad1

got an idea for some double repulsors for gren's new ironmen!change the color of the games built in fx ( frozengiant_nusclear sat ) beam to yellow and it would make a cool double repulsor blast.any takers would be appreciated! :thumbup:

pr1983

its a built in effect that's already doubled? if so, i can do it.

herodad1

pr1983

barring any issues, it'll be up by today...

edit: im having this weird issue. ive edited all the textures, and yet it still comes out with a purple glow on the end. right now im stuck on how to fix it...

herodad1

cant wait to see them.still liking the red cyclops cone. :)

pr1983

i edited my post, sadly.

that and knowing what part of his body to map to are what's killing me.

herodad1

as far as the end.when i mix-n-match fx's i'll remove a start or end nif and replace it with another fx's.maybe use the red_plasma _rocket end nif. from the fx pack at alex's freedom fortress.just an idea trying to help! :)

pr1983

when i said end, i meant the end of the beam as it's travelling. i assume thats a core problem?

Amazo Version 2.2

If it's an issue that the fx won't let you change the color, it's probably set up that way in the core.nif. It might be editable it nifskope.

For example, yellow lantern's gl_male_basic_yl mesh has the bubble around him which is seemingly green by default in the mesh itself. so if you add a new skin to it, it's still green. However, I edited it for a friend so that the texture/color can be changed for use for other skins.

I know I'm just rambling right now, but if I'm reading the thread right, Nifskope should be able to fix the color issue with the fx you want.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

pr1983

ive actually been using nifskope. i dont know what the problem is.

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on May 26, 2010, 06:01:32 PM
If it's an issue that the fx won't let you change the color, it's probably set up that way in the core.nif. It might be editable it nifskope.

For example, yellow lantern's gl_male_basic_yl mesh has the bubble around him which is seemingly green by default in the mesh itself. so if you add a new skin to it, it's still green. However, I edited it for a friend so that the texture/color can be changed for use for other skins.

I know I'm just rambling right now, but if I'm reading the thread right, Nifskope should be able to fix the color issue with the fx you want.

I'm sorry, I went back through the file I had been sent, it was missing tga files. Apparently, whatever I had done to the mesh had no effect, I'm sorry. But nifskope is probably still the way to go for this.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

pr1983

Here's what i have so far (including texture files and nifs):

http://www.mediafire.com/?mok0qmtmzyv

i've been using nifskope, and have recoloured all the textures. even changed the little palette things in nifskope. if anyone can help me, i'd appreciate it.

and yes, if i missed something glaringly obvious, feel free to mock me for it.

herodad1

pr1983, that's a very good job!it works and looks perfect! THANKS! :thumbup:

freegentile

I, too, am looking forward to plugging this in! Hey, you know, there's a beam FX called "repulsar_twin_red" (actual fx in the generic folder reads "Repulsor_twin_red") that I have in my fx bag from Prev's big FX package or something else...don't remember. But can fire it to you if you're interested. It's not as appropriate-looking as this fx, but, hey, always good to have too many fx as opposed to not enough  :)

herodad1

i'd love a copy of that fx! THANKS!

freegentile

Shoot fire. I only can locate the folder w/ the NIF's. Can't locate the texture files. I can't even find the name of the effect in FFEdit!  It shows in-game & in EZHero as Repulsar_twin_red, but I can't find any variant of it. I'll keep looking for the name. If anyone knows which tex files go w/ it, let us know!   :banghead:

pr1983

did you open it up in nifskope?