Annual Animal Mesh Request...

Started by cmdrkoenig67, June 05, 2010, 07:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

At least I think I've done this almost every year (although the animals I ask for may differ a bit), for the past 5-6 years (I can't recall), but I have asked a few times...Please, can somebody make...

A big rat (dog-sized, that can attack the heroes) - Animations don't have to be much, walk, run, 1-2 idles (so they can be a bit different, maybe like one looking around, another eating something on the ground or scratching), dodge, 1-2 melee and a fall?  THANK YOU, Random Days!

A big bat (ditto on the attacking the heroes thing) - anims- fly/walk/run (all flying anims), idle (hanging from the rafters?), 1-2 melee and fall...Although for the walk anim, if you've ever seen a bat walking on it's wings and legs...Creeeeepy!  THANK YOU, BEVO!

A rabbit/bunny/hare...With flying attack anims?  LOL! THANK YOU, Random Days!

A frog/toad (the meshes in the game have no keyframes and a giant frog/toad would be cool, right)?

Giant beetle (keys could be based on FF's ant_soldier meshes' animations?...Maybe with add-ons, like horns to make it into stag beetles, rhinoceros beetles, etc...)  THANK YOU...Uh..Me!

Lizards (like a Gila Monster, Komodo Dragon or something)?

An Alligator/Crocodile...All he would need to make them different is a hexable head, right?

A pig/wild boar (why not?...Attacking wildlife is always fun)?

A bull or perhaps a hexable cow (wth a hexable udder, different types of horns, etc...)...Useful for rampaging cattle or a D&D Gorgon?

I think that's it for the moment...Thanks.

Dana

daglob

As I've done before, I will chime in and add my request for these meshes also.

cmdrkoenig67

cmdrkoenig67

Hey look at this...I Skoped him (he just doesn't have any real flying animation, unfortunately)...

I Skoped two different beetles...One on the ant_worker and one on ant_soldier (the one above is on ant_soldier)...I digging the ant_soldier Skope more, since he has a ranged animation and a better idle.  Oh...And I hope to add in some horns and such to allow him to be hexed into various types of beetles (stag, rhinoceros, etc...)

Dana

Panther_Gunn

Very nice.  Any chance you're versed enough on keyframes to make a ranged anim for a bombardier?  Would it be possible to take anything from the second Brood mesh for flying?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 01, 2010, 05:17:47 PM
Very nice.  Any chance you're versed enough on keyframes to make a ranged anim for a bombardier?  Would it be possible to take anything from the second Brood mesh for flying?

PG, I have no idea how to do that...LOL.  It would have to be somebody else who adds those keys in.

Dana

Edit:  I looked at the Brood and Brood_queen meshes I have, PG...And neither has actually wing-flapping flying animation (they just float like the ant animations, which is all they seem to have)...Is there some other brood mesh with actual flapping wings?

EDIT:  I found it...Ink's version 2...Very nice...I still don't think I'd be able to add the keys in, though.

Scorpion13mk2

Nice beetle dude.

Youre pretty good at monsters I notice.

Any chance of you doing a big spider? Id love to have one of those. I know theres another one form way back, but maybe you could do a new one, since the beetle turned out nicely. Like, say, slapping more legs on the ant mesh and going from there.

cmdrkoenig67

No spiders in my list of Skopes-to-do, Scorp...I doubt I could get extra legs to work on a mesh...I have enough problems just pasting pieces onto meshes..LOL!

I did try a scorpion, but it didn't work very well.

Dana

daglob

Bearded in Lair has a big spider in one of his Yahoo groups. It's very pretty...

Xenolith

OOOOOO!  I love these bugs.  I already can think of many uses for bugs.

I wonder if the Mojo mesh could be skoped into a scorpion?  It already has 6 legs and a tail.

Scorpion13mk2

Could the Brood mesh be used to make a giant scorpion mesh?

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Xenolith on July 01, 2010, 07:41:53 PM
OOOOOO!  I love these bugs.  I already can think of many uses for bugs.

I wonder if the Mojo mesh could be skoped into a scorpion?  It already has 6 legs and a tail.

The Mojo mesh was the one I was trying to use to make a scorpion Skope...I was unsuccessful.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Kenn

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on June 05, 2010, 07:40:01 PM
A big rat (dog-sized, that can attack the heroes) - Animations don't have to be much, walk, run, 1-2 idles (so they can be a bit different, maybe like one looking around, another eating something on the ground or scratching), dodge, 1-2 melee and a fall.

Buttercup:  What about the R.O.U.S.es?

Dread Pirate Westley: Rodents Of Unusual Size?  I don't think they exist.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

Quote from: Kenn on August 02, 2010, 12:33:33 PM
A big rat (dog-sized, that can attack the heroes) - Animations don't have to be much, walk, run, 1-2 idles (so they can be a bit different, maybe like one looking around, another eating something on the ground or scratching), dodge, 1-2 melee and a fall.

Dread Pirate Westley: Rodents Of Unusual Size?  I don't think they exist.

Famous Last Words...

cmdrkoenig67

cmdrkoenig67

More animals, please?

Kenn

A big rat (dog-sized, that can attack the heroes) - Animations don't have to be much, walk, run, 1-2 idles (so they can be a bit different, maybe like one looking around, another eating something on the ground or scratching), dodge, 1-2 melee and a fall?

Westley: Rodents of Unusual Size?  I don't think they exist.

An Alligator/Crocodile...All he would need to make them different is a hexable head, right?

Depends on how pedantic someone is.   I'm not sure if the average person could say what the difference in head shape is between a crocodile and an alligator or a caiman (crocs heads are more V shaped, not U shaped).  Gharial heads are very funky though.  In practice I wouldn't want to be close enough to there heads to look.   So, a lot could be done just by skinning (gators are typically darker than crocs).   
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

The way the teeth look is different between 'gators and crocs. However, anyone who pauses long enough to get a good look is lunch, so...

cmdrkoenig67

Bump again for the beasts...

An updated list:

Giant rat

rabbit/bunny/hare (with Monty Python-like flying attack?)

lizard

Alligator/crocodile

frog/toad

bull/cow

pig/wild boar

A scorpion (since I can't seem to Skope one together)

More dinosaurs...Like Triceratopsbrontosaurus and/or Stegosaurus?

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on August 18, 2011, 05:11:00 AMMore dinosaurs...Like Triceratopsbrontosaurus and/or Stegosaurus?

This may be a very silly and uninformed question (since I really haven't looked or paid attention), but did Val do any of those as Transformers versions?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

cmdrkoenig67

I only requested these dinosaurs, because Val's Dinobots are robot dinosaurs (and great ones, at that)...But they're not actual dinosaurs.  There is no way they can be skinned to look like flesh and blood dinos.

Dana

daglob

I'll add my voice to this again, because I just did a Manimal scope and he needs more animals to turn into.

cmdrkoenig67

I certainly understand that animal meshes aren't easy to make and/or animate.  Perhaps some new meshes could be made to re-use some of the current quadruped meshes keyframes (like Val's big_cat or Anguirus meshes or Gren's Lockjaw and wolf meshes)?  I don't know exactly how that whole thing really works.

Dana

bearded

i wonder if you couldn't take val's transformers and skope new flesh and blood shapes on them? speaking of robots, (segueing) do you still have the jocasta voice pack by black rider?
has anyone ever tried skoping a human onto animal keyframes or vice versa?

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: bearded on August 19, 2011, 01:37:10 AM
i wonder if you couldn't take val's transformers and skope new flesh and blood shapes on them?

Perhaps, but I don't know.

speaking of robots, (segueing) do you still have the jocasta voice pack by black rider?

I have a Jocasta VP made by Prize Racer.  Is that the one you mean, B?

has anyone ever tried skoping a human onto animal keyframes or vice versa?

That sounds interesting!

Dana

bearded

yes, prize racer! i would love to have that.
i wonder what it would look like if you skoped one of the animals onto a humanoid biped?

cmdrkoenig67

daglob

cmdrkoenig67

LOL...I'll just post a link here (temporarily), DG

Dana

<link removed>