News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

STO C-Store Update

Started by BlueBard, June 16, 2010, 05:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Big update to the C-Store interface and to the number of items available.  Here are some of the highlights:

You can now purchase the Caitian race for Federation play as well as Joined Trill for both factions.  These join the Tellarites, Pakled, Ferengi, and Klingons (Fed).  

Caitians have Feline Instincts that make them excellent ground fighters (20% bonus to Stealth Sight, 10% boost to Exploit damage, 75% increase to jump height, 10% chance to dodge half of the damage from ranged attacks) and they have access to the racial ability Pounce (25-foot lunge melee attack power).

(If I didn't already have a Tactical captain I'm leveling up, I'd be tempted...)

Joined Trill have the Hyper Metabolism trait (10 percent increase in resistance to toxic damage, 10 percent bonus to maximum hit points and 10 percent bonus to regeneration) and the Symbiote trait (3.3 bonus to Warp Core Training, Starship Engineer, Starship Energy Weapons and Starship Projectile Energy Weapons skills, 6.7 bonus to Starship Operations skill).

There are a number of new costumes available (both ship and personal) and emotes.

Fed can buy Golden Tribble pets for out-of-combat healing while Klingon can buy non-combat pet Targs.  These are per-character, not per account.

Liberated Borg Bridge Officers are also now available for purchase by both factions on a per-character basis.

STO/CO: @bluegeek

BlueBard

Cryptic has made a controversial decision to offer new ship, costume, and BO slots on a per character basis in the C-Store.

Basically, you can get two additional slots (ship, costume, or BO) for 400 Cryptic Points, but only on a per character basis.

Prevailing sentiment is that it's too expensive for a per-character benefit.  I can't see myself buying any such thing with so little benefit, but especially not per-character.

BlueBard

STO has already backtracked and will be offering the costume slots on an account-wide basis instead of per-character.

Lionheart

I wouldn't mind extra BO slots, but not at that price. Maybe if it was account-wide, but not for a single character.