News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

12 pixel hero game

Started by Glitch Girl, June 18, 2010, 05:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

inspired by this thread and this little flash quiz, I thought it might be fun to try a few of these ourselves and see what happens.

Basic idea: convey a known hero character in 12 pixels and see if people can guess who it is. 

I made a basic template and used only the web216 palette.  I reserved #333333 for the grid lines, but the rest were okay to use.  The only hint you get is company, but these first ones should be easy.     

DC:

1)

2)

3)

Marvel:

1)

2)

3)

BTW: everyone is welcome to post their own to see if anyone can guess as well. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

kkhohoho

DC

1.Wonder Woman

2.Booster Gold

3.Blue Beetle.

Marvel

1.Ironman

2.?

3.Deadpool.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Glitch Girl

kkhohoho, you got the first 4 correct, but I didn't mean Marvel3 to be Deadpool - the red and black would be reversed for him I think.  No, that's someone else from the Marvel U. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

Not sure about Marvel 2, but Marvel 3 looks like Giantman to me.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BlueBard

I can't figure out Marvel #2 either, but I think Marvel #3 is Ant-Man.  (Could be Giant-Man, too, Pod...)
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Glitch Girl

Hint on #2
has a movie coming up.

Hint on #3
an X-man
-Glitch Girl

BlueBard

Quote from: Glitch Girl on June 18, 2010, 06:33:28 PM
Hint on #2
has a movie coming up.

Hint on #3
an X-man

Still no clue on #2, but #3 has to be Colossus.  (Or not...)
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

Previsionary

Marvel #2 = Thor. I agree with Alaric on Marvel #3
Disappear when you least expe--

Glitch Girl

Alaric and Prev got #3, and Prev got #2.  And that's the last of 'em!

Anyone want to try their hand at it?   

-Glitch Girl

Tomato

I was bored for a few minutes, so I made a slew of these for you guys, mainly of FR patrons. I don't REALLY expect you to get all these (I probably wouldn't, and I'm an avatar who... er... fanboy.) but I am curious how many you do get.

Fr Universe
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

And a few Marvels

1)
2)

I should note, before anyone kills me for putting X over Y, that there's no real logic behind the choices of avatars, other then I happened across them going through my ff collection.

Alaric

Just guesses, based on the first names that come to my mind when I look at them:

1: Tomato

2: Afghan Ant

3: Is that me (or rather my, uh, alter ego)?

6: Mike B7

8: Unko Man
Fear the "A"!!!

Previsionary

4. C6 or Pormark

5. Billdamn?

7. Ultimate Evil

Marvel:

1) Colossus

2) Deadpool
Disappear when you least expe--

Tomato

everything you have guessed is correct (4 is one of them prem, but the other guess is in 9-12)

Edit: Here's the ones revealed so far (TUE got 11 and prem guessed 12 via IM)

1)Me
2)AA
3)Verdant Vowel
4)C6
5)Damnage
6)Mike B7
7)TUE
8)Unko Man
9)
10)
11)Hellscorp
12)Podmark

Panther_Gunn

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

10 is correct, 9 isn't.

Hint for 10: This hero was designed by a real Casanova

Glitch Girl

Nice one Tomato, sorry I got here to late to play.  9's got me stumped though (I thought King-Be too) but most of the rest are very recognizable.  Nice job.
-Glitch Girl

Mr. Hamrick

would 9 be "Black Casanova"?

Tomato

no, but he was the Casanova referred to in the last hint:

Hint- Was skinned by a vegetable

Alaric

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!!

(Jumps up and down waving his hand wildly in the air. Notices everyone staring at him. Stops jumping.)

Uh, right. Would that be... Yellow Lantern?
Fear the "A"!!!

Tomato

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner