Shaboba's Artistic Endeavors (Updated 09/30/10)

Started by Shaboba, July 08, 2010, 02:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaboba

I draw... I write... I do graphic design. Art is a big part of my life -- I'm actually majoring in creative writing. My dream job is actually to become a comic book writer... like that'll ever happen. x_x But anyway, I've been in a massive creative slump lately, and I recently drew something (and then scanned it in and colored it) that got me out of my creative slump and also inspired me to start sharing some of my work and get some outside feedback.

Butter Cutter -- Original:
Spoiler

Butter Cutter -- Colored Version:
Spoiler

BRIEF INFO: Butter Cutter (I know it's a dumb name; I made him up when I was like 4 years old) is one of my oldest original characters who I wound up never really doing anything with. I always liked his design though, and so I thought a little reinvention was in order, so to speak.

Reepicheep

Awesome work. He has a Gollumesque feel about him. The combination of stitch-shading from the pen and soft shading from the colouring works well. My only question is, did he have that much blood on his blade arm when you were four?

Shaboba

Quote from: Reepicheep on July 08, 2010, 02:29:32 PM
My only question is, did he have that much blood on his blade arm when you were four?

Well, he has gotten a lot more violent over the years... >_>

daglob

Hey, I think I went to school with that guy...

Shaboba

Spoiler

Yep, this is what Shaboba actually looks like. I've never found a mesh suitable for him, so all my avatars have just had the name Shaboba while being totally separate characters. But this is the original Shaboba.

electro

That face & body style kinda looks like one of the Irrational alien meshes - Maybe you could skope some sholder pads & headdress from tommyboys  Rama Tut mesh onto it :blink:

daglob

Yeah, and get some hair from a VX or INK mesh (that is hair, isn't it?), maybe a tiara from someone's Scarlet Witch, reshape 'em with Nifscope...

Me, I'm lucky Texas Jack had already done a suitable mesh for my avatar...

Shaboba

Quote from: daglob on July 09, 2010, 08:11:37 PM
Yeah, and get some hair from a VX or INK mesh (that is hair, isn't it?)

Nope, it's part of the headdress. Kind of like one of those ancient Egyptian ones.

Shaboba

Spoiler

A sketch of Arlena... she's a barbarian queen. Nothing more really need be said. :P

daglob

Interesting. Reminds me of Leigh Brackett's Black Amazon of Mars.

Figure Fan

I love how you portray Shaboba. He looks like the figures you see on Egyptian and Sumerian structures and tablets.

Shaboba

Quote from: Figure Fan on September 24, 2010, 05:26:01 AM
I love how you portray Shaboba. He looks like the figures you see on Egyptian and Sumerian structures and tablets.

That actually was what I was kind of going for, so yay! =D

Outcast

Hey nice drawings here Shaboba. I like all three of them. Butter Cutter, Shaboba and Arlena. :)

Shaboba

This one is Morpheus, a demon with the ability to freely enter and manipulate people's dreams, and leech energy from them.

Original drawing:
Spoiler

Colored version:
Spoiler

Outcast

Morpheus sounds like a pretty cool character. Again very nice drawings. The coloring really helps it to stand out more!  :panice