News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Just a little something I bought

Started by Tomato, July 16, 2010, 08:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Oh, I see... Tomato counts as an avatar, not an original. OR DOES HE?!? *throws everybody off, but not really at all*

But seriously, I love this. It's like Clue, one of my favourite board games. I am itching to get my final guess on.

billdamn22

That is freakin incredible! I may have to check this out.....

Tomato

Mk, so apparently somewhere along the way we went from a few weeks between steps to ZOMG breakneck speads. From what I'm hearing now, all 6 should be done and shipped by Saturday (I've actually asked for them to delay shipment until a few days later so I can get them sent directly to my base) so that leaves this week for your final no takebasies guesses.

However, since I'm pretty awesome, I'll leave ya'll with one final clue... between reep and unko all but one of the figure identities has been guessed. For the final enigma, I would suggest taking a quick head count of all the figures.

And remember, the 6 figures are split into 2 originals, 3 avatars, and Tomato.

Alaric

Can't... resist... challenge...

Okay, doing a little math, following the vague hints and subtle clues, I'm going to guess that one of them is... Tomato! (Did I get that one right? Did I? Huh?)

As for the others, the other three avatars include AA and TUE. The two originals are Ch'Nybe and Kid Rocket.

As for that last avatar, I'm going to guess... Podmark.
Fear the "A"!!!

Tomato

I debated whether or not to post results of final guesses on here, but instead I'm just gonna PM everyone directly, let them know what their results are directly, and who (if anyone) they missed.

I still have yet to dictate who wins in the event of a tie... logically it probably should go to whomever posts first, but I don't necessarily want to negate someone just because they read through it a bit later. We'll see how it goes... If there are only a few I might just do both (one for the next batch then another for the third).

UnkoMan

I don't see anything wrong with the first to post being the first to win. I thought that is how it was working anyhow.

With that being said, Al totally used a time machine to post all my guesses after I already posted, which altered the timestream so now I'm posting this instead of my original post. It's some kind of crisis on infinite messageboards, I tell ya!

Alaric

Quote from: UnkoMan on September 28, 2010, 11:14:26 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the first to post being the first to win. I thought that is how it was working anyhow.

With that being said, Al totally used a time machine to post all my guesses after I already posted, which altered the timestream so now I'm posting this instead of my original post. It's some kind of crisis on infinite messageboards, I tell ya!

Although, not being Tomato, I'm not at liberty to reveal how many of my guesses were correct, I feel that it's in the best interest of this contest to point out that I did not, in fact, get all six. So, go ahead and post something.

(It's my own fault for using that single-use time machine too soon, instead of waiting until after the actual figures were posted...)

(Wait. I had a single-use time machine, and I used it for this contest?!? D'OH!)
Fear the "A"!!!

Tomato

I'll be ending the contest tomorrow at midnight (EST). Anyone who still wants to guess, now's the time

Tomato

Well, I'm a wee bit late *cough*7 hours*cough* but it really doesn't change much... Alaric wins with 5/6 correct guesses. The full list of characters is:

Tomato
Ch'nybe
Kid Rocket
Fleasheater/TUE
Afghan Ant
Courtnal 6

Tomato

Just a quick followup to my last post, here's a list of the figures I'll be ordering next, as well as the contest rules for the third batch.

Ra's Al Ghul (Movie Masters)
Commisioner Gordon (Movie Masters)
Mahty
Previsionary
Murs47
Unkoman

Now, as for the next batch... because there's not really any guesswork for this batch (Alaric's a given, the movie masters aren't fair, I said I'd be doing prev and murs and one figure does not a contest make) so, I've opted instead to ask a series of questions... 5 random brain puzzlers from the community, television, games, and of course, comics. So without further adeu... here are the questions

Two-Face aka Harvey Kent made his memorable first appearance in the two-part story that ran in Detective Comics issues 66 and 67. In that story a side character appears who would incidentally share the name of another person to enter Harvey Dent's mythos decades later. What are both their names?

In the 2002 Fox series Firefly there are a total of 3 ongoing relationships aboard the "firefly" class ship Serenity, between the characters Malcolm Reynolds and Inara Serra, Zoe Washburn and Hoban Washburn, and finally Simon Tam and Kaywinnit Frye. One of these relationships appears to have transcended time and space, because in a 2010 Syfy series the actors who played them would appear as a couple once more. What are the names of the actors and what is the syfy show they appeared in.

Most of you know by now that I am the same Antmananext who supposedly produced about a half dozen meshes in the early days of the freedom force community. However, the truth is I transferred the meshes from a separate program and another mesher rigged them. What program did I use to make them (don't worry about version number or anything, I don't even remember) and who did the actual rigging?

What are the real names of all five Influx members, and which 3 "originals" (excluding tomato) are incidentally also avatars?

In the Kingdom Hearts video game series, by my count only one character has had an active role in all 5 games currently released in the US. What is the name of the character, what is the name of the weapon he wields in Kingdom Hearts 2, an what role (antagonist or protagonist) does he play in chain of memories?

billdamn22

Outcast

I think it's really cool for someone to be able to recreate any character they want into their own personal figurine collection. :charonwow

Reepicheep

Do we have to guess all the questions, or just one each?

Tomato

as many as you can. I can't tell you if you're right or not though... and whoever either gets them all right or gets the most right once the next batch finishes (probably sometime next year). There's a reason I made them all retarded difficult.

Alaric

Quote from: Tomato on October 03, 2010, 11:31:02 AM
Well, I'm a wee bit late *cough*7 hours*cough* but it really doesn't change much... Alaric wins with 5/6 correct guesses.

I can't help feeling like I only won because no one else bothered to enter any guesses during the final leg of the contest- all five of my correct guesses were pretty easy to figure out from the various hints you gave, and the one that wasn't I got wrong. Both Reep and Unko actually did better than I did relative to the amount of info they were working with. Makes me feel kind of guilty about winning, frankly.
Fear the "A"!!!

Tomato

I would agree... and do, honestly. But I left everything open for a week or so after you posted specifically so that either one of them could post.

That said, you do have the option of choosing someone else's avatar if you' like, and taking a chance with another contest... this one's a bit tricky, but the following 4 are all not only the same, but all X-men related... figure there should be less confusion with that.

Reepicheep

<Post removed, because my answers were too correct.>

Tomato

I asked Reep to remove the contents of his post just because I didn't want people stealing his correct answers. To prevent the same happening to anyone else, pm answers to me directly.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on October 03, 2010, 12:51:29 PM
Most of you know by now that I am the same Antmananext who supposedly produced about a half dozen meshes in the early days of the freedom force community. However, the truth is I transferred the meshes from a separate program and another mesher rigged them. What program did I use to make them (don't worry about version number or anything, I don't even remember) and who did the actual rigging?

I should know this one. I'm pretty sure a did a standard for one of your meshes.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

UnkoMan

Like I said, Al, you had my answers down. I could have posted something else, but that last av would be pure guess work. Honestly, I was going to suggest maybe House Quake. Just pulled it out of the air. There were no clues for that.

Anyhow, I don't think you ought to feel any guilt. That's the nature of a game like this. Whoever gets the last guess in gets to build on what everybody else has done.

Personally, I just can't wait to see more pictures. And, wow... Kid Rocket is looking ripped.

Alaric

In any case, since my Design-a-Vowel contest is technically still running for a couple more weeks, and may result in my changing my "official" avatar costume (my current avatar pic is just a temporary use of an image from that contest), I think I'd rather try again in a later contest.
Fear the "A"!!!

Tomato

You might have noticed already, but the official list of the next batch has changed... don't worry about alaric though... I gave him a major head start on the next contest as compensation.

UnkoMan

Oh gosh. I forgot about your contest, Al. I was meaning to enter that... I'm going to take my sketchbook to work today.

As for this contest, well gosh... Thanks Tomato. And Al. Exciting.

PS: I totally have no guesses for the new contest. Wow. That's tough stuff.

Tomato

Mk, new images from the current batch...

Outcast

Man, you must have quite a large collection of these figurines to get all the right parts you need to make your customized figurines. :o

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on October 09, 2010, 01:13:02 PM
Man, you must have quite a large collection of these figurines to get all the right parts you need to make your customized figurines. :o

Oh, they aren't made by me... The guys over at Loosecollector get all the credit. I simply paid for them.

AfghanAnt

RUGH! It is so amazing. Dammit - I might have to order one.

Outcast

Quote from: Tomato on October 09, 2010, 05:49:23 PM
Oh, they aren't made by me... The guys over at Loosecollector get all the credit. I simply paid for them.

Oh i see. :doh: Well, i think they're very good. Cool of them to come up with this kind of business. :cool: How much does one customized figure cost? :)

Tomato

deano_ue