News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Account Server

Started by Flying_Fox, July 29, 2010, 07:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying_Fox

So, after playing the demo my body and soul would not let me not purchase this game.  I get a digital download version so I don't have to trek (pun!) to town and now can't get to the bloody game!

Anyone else having issues with the Cryptic Launcher autoupdating or not being able to connect to the account server?
Something wicked this way comes...

BlueBard

No, I haven't had that problem.  At least not indefinitely.  Sometimes it seems the server is really busy and the launcher doesn't connect right away.  But for the most part, I haven't had any issues.

Did you uninstall the demo before you tried to install the game?  It's theoretically possible there could be an issue there.  The other thought that occurs to me is if you are in EU and accidentally bought a NA download, maybe it's trying to connect to the wrong server and getting heavy latency.  I don't know for sure if STO is built with NA and EU account servers, or if there are different versions of the game based on your country of origin, so that's just a guess.

Either way, if I were you I would post feedback on the STO forums.  The Devs are pretty active there.  Sounds like something they would want to look into.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Flying_Fox

Problem solved itself but now I'm having the "Retreiving Character List" nightmare...so close to Lt. Cmdr I can taste it too :P

What's your in-game handle BlueBard?  Contact me @Leones108 - I need some STO Friends :P
Something wicked this way comes...

BlueBard

Quote from: Flying_Fox on July 31, 2010, 02:04:25 AM
Problem solved itself but now I'm having the "Retreiving Character List" nightmare...so close to Lt. Cmdr I can taste it too :P

What's your in-game handle BlueBard?  Contact me @Leones108 - I need some STO Friends :P

@bluegeek

Precious few have dared to Boldly Go, unfortunately, and some of those who went came back early from their "Five Year Mission"
STO/CO: @bluegeek