News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Kick-Arse 2

Started by JeyNyce, August 02, 2010, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

crimsonquill

Quote from: JeyNyce on August 02, 2010, 07:50:06 PM
As much as I like the first one, do they really need to make a second one?

Mark Miller explained during an interview that Kick-arse was intended to be a movie first but nobody wanted to do a hard-edged R-rated superhero movie. He figured that he would try a different approach with a viral word of mouth movement by filming a youtube video of his concept of one of Kick-arse's battles and then push word of a comic book featuring him. Miller admitted he wanted this to be a franchise right out of the gates IF the public was ready for this kind of superhero. So I'm quite sure he had concepts for Kick-arse way past where the first series of the comic left off in case his story could only be told in comic book form.

Miller also knew that selling the rights to make a movie would also leave open options for sequels even if he planned to not pursue any further on the character himself (seriously who in their right mind would option rights for movie deal without thinking that through - I'm looking at you Alan Moore). Might as well develop the scripts he held for further issues into another mini-series that would be the core plot for Kick-arse 2 and I'm quite sure they have already approached him for a first draft for the sequel already.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Previsionary

Yay... that means we'll get more instances of Mark letting his ego fly, more off-the-cuff remarks about how his work is so much better and more rounded than the 2d writers of Alan Moore and Stan Lee, and hear how proud he was to meet a black guy with down syndrome. *fake joy*

Well, at least we can count on KA2, which he has been working on for several months now, and has, as Crimson stated, wanted sequels for (the only thing he had to wait for was box office receipts) will be attempting to push more boundaries by adding in more violence, more needless, colorful language, and probably something of the sexual nature.

[soured on Mark and his work]
Disappear when you least expe--

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

lugaru

I was satisfied with the first series/movie but if he does something interesting I'll be happy to have a second helping, and if not well no harm.

bat1987

Looking forward to it, first one was great (both the comic and the movie).