News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

rogue stunning

Started by bearded, August 08, 2010, 05:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

my rogue is almost perfect now. i have her set up with the 'mimic', and i figured out how to customize it.
the thing i want her to do is stun her target when she mimics. i use the default 'ffx_absorb' dummy power and was able to change the fx and animation, and what i tried to do is give it the high level of stunning. (i know this isn't what dummy powers are supposed to be for.)  it almost works. it seems like it works the first time, target is stunned for a second, but then after reverting, nothing i mimic becomes stunned.
i also tried adding directly into ffx under mimic 'triggerpower(char, target, 'stun_power','') but i can't quite figure out where to add it.
after this, i'm going to use the modmimic trick to get her to keep her mesh when she mimics. the only confusing thing about that is the modmimic doc references ffxS, but i think the code that needs to be changed is actually in ffxedit or ffxeditS.
and i'm thinking about activating ffx insanity while she is mimicking, to simulate the personality issues. i think i can figure that one out on my own. the hardest thing is figuring out where to trigger things, same as the stunning problem. i think i'll do a text search for when 'ffx_absorb' is triggered and put those 2 after, that might work.

actually now that i think about it, i would admire putting the revert on a timer instead of choice.

bearded

i got her very nearly perfect. i put the initffqmad right after the customcommand for reverting, that was a good spot, and i also put in a ismad command, so she starts out with a state after she converts, but only for a second, it's almost a special effect than a state.
and i figured out a little trick that seems to work. the control center makes me use a direct attack for the dummy power, but after i choose ffx_absorb, i can go into ffedit and change it into a melee power. so, that means i can give her an extreme stun attack with mimic and even set up a life drain swap easily.
it works!