News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

"What are you reading" 2010 Edition.

Started by murs47, August 10, 2010, 04:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murs47

It's about that time folks. What's changed? What's stayed the same? Did you cry? Did you laugh? Did you hurt? Did you scream? Did you find yourself in the middle of a berserker rage? Did you poo? Did you not poo? Tell everyone about it!

Top 3 Marvel Titles: Secret Warriors, Shield, Captain America
Top 3 DC Titles: Secret Six, Brightest Day, Green Lantern - The only 3 I read. xD
Top 3 Indie Titles: Scalped, Unknown Soldier, Invincible

Best Limited Series: The Marvels Project - Golden Age story minus the lameness.
Best Single Issue: Invincible #63 - I cried.
Best Series: Scalped - On course to be the greatest comic series of all time. You heard it here first.
Best Artist: Ryan Ottley - His ability to convey emotions so well is what makes him better than everyone else.
Best Writer: Jason Aaron - Writes the best series and has turned Wolverine from mundane to exciting.
Best New Series: Shield - "This is not how the world ends."

Most recently dropped titles: Avengers, New Avengers, Green Lantern Corps - I could keep going but I'll stop at three.
Most recently picked up titles: Unknown Soldier, Sweet Tooth, The Unwritten
Pleasant surprise: Weapon X, Doomwar, Batwoman
Biggest disappointments: Blackest Night and Siege - What a waste of money and pre-excitement...especially Blackest Night.

Titles that should be avoided: Uncanny X-Men - I think we all know how terrible this is.
Titles that you recommend: Scalped, Invincible, and Shield
Titles going downhill: Green Lantern Corps - A change of writer has brought along a change of quality for the worse. *sad face*
Titles getting better: Brightest Day - This was pretty bad at first, not so much anymore.

Get this person off that title: Fraction off Uncanny X-Men
Title that should be brought back: Iron Fist with Fraction or Brubaker at the helm.

Most anticipated titles: Uncanny X-Force, T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, the second Incognito mini, and Cyclops.

With all the rapid changes in comics lately I'm thinking we should do this twice a year instead of once.