News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

iceman slides

Started by bearded, August 11, 2010, 12:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

is iceman flesh under a sheet of ice? that's what i thought, until i read a rogue comic recently and he was crumbled and looked like a bunch of snow. if he's pure ice, doesn't that make him like sandman? he could be any shape he wants.
how do you do his ice slides? is it pure flight, or superleaping?
what about fx for the slides, is there an 'ice sparks shower' sort of fx that could go from the bottom of the model to the ground?
i'm thinking about making an ice slide fx, i'm working out the settings in max to see if i can make it go from his feet to the ground. there are settings for rotation being fixed that might work. i'll post pics.
also, what about a modified 'heavy footed' with ice rubble as the 'scar', would that work in his hero file? i wonder if there is a way to activate heavy footed for a while as a custom.
there is an ffx that lets you summon land spikes right under your own feet. what if that was customized to white? which ffx is that, would that work as a slide?
maybe a custom based on plasma sculpter that creates slides that can be walked on.

Previsionary

Bobby is "organic ice" in iceman form. No flesh... unless he's just covered in ice. This changes from book to book, from year to year. The point being he can reconstitute himself in most instances.

There're already several ice slide fx available via fxforce, meshes (ink's), and skoping. Ice sliding is usually depicted as flying. How would "superleaping" make sense? I'm curious. None of them "connect" with the ground, afaik, because it'd look really weird, me thinks.
Disappear when you least expe--

AfghanAnt

I think limited flight works for his ice slides.

BentonGrey

I've always just used flight, although limited flight or gliding might be a bit more accurate in some respects.  I just let the mesh itself handle the FX.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Figure Fan

I'm assuming that most of you are using the classic_iceman mesh by Ink, right? I converted it for FFvsTR and it always seems to mess up the mesh in the game. Am I doing something wrong? The ice slide loads up as a bunch of strange green and pink shapes, so I don't really get to see how it looks in-game. Otherwise I'd contribute more to this discussion ;)

Previsionary

That only happens in the character select screen, FF. It should be fine during actual game play. That said, they're other meshes out there now with slides attached like some by Vertex.
Disappear when you least expe--

Figure Fan

Oh that's right! Hmm..it's not on NPI. It's just a Bobby69 mesh isn't it?

laughing paradox

Figure Fan

laughing paradox