News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

scaling FX

Started by skeek420, September 27, 2010, 01:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeek420

so I wanna scale the pumpkin throw from PFX 1.2 down a bit, and add a generic explosion effect for the "end" effect, should make a nice pumpkin bomb for green/demo/hob  goblin. this should be extremely easy, granted i remember that stuff since the last time i played this game.

except how do i get the pumpkin smaller? i found a thread saying that it was relatively easy to scale things a few days ago, but searching didn't help me find instructions how to do it.

Previsionary

Is the pumpkin bomb already included too big for your tastes?
Disappear when you least expe--

skeek420

well, yea it seems a little big, although maybe its just me and i'm used to the small grenades from FF1.

I was sorta thinking it's more along the lines a good size for Jack O Lantern when he throws his head instead of the pumpkin bombs.

Previsionary

Urm, the actual "pumpkin grenade" is much smaller than the "pumpkin throw." Me thinks you haven't seen it because it doesn't appear in the projectile list at all unless you have a radius set (I.E., explosive projectile). I made that fx specifically with Green Goblin in mind.
Disappear when you least expe--

herodad1

pumkin bomb seemed the right size to me in game!  :huh:

skeek420

yeah, sorry about that, that is weird about some FX not showing up unless you choose the radius. unless I remember wrong, FF1 wasn't like that but I haven't played the game in a long time. the pumpkin bomb effect is perfect and 100x better than what we had in FF1.