News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Ultimate DC Character Design Contest(s)

Started by murs47, August 30, 2010, 02:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murs47

Alrighty, I finally got around to writing the bio for Ultimate Wonder Woman so I think it's time to get the first portion of the contest up and running. We'll do Ultimate Martian Manhunter once I finish writing his.

-------------------------------------------------------------

QuoteWonder Woman:

The United States, uneased by the possibility of certain enemies compromising Superman, executed a contingency plan in the hopes it would keep Superman in line if he ever crossed over. Approved by the House, Senate, and Oval Office, American tax dollars are used in contracting Lexcorp to develop a defense weapon.

Lt. Col. Diana Prince is one of 67 various military personal to under go the process of splicing Human DNA with Kryptonian DNA. Of the 67, only 4 survive the process. Three of which suffer from severe physical deformations and relegated to wheelchairs. Prince's portion of the brain that controls speech is slightly damaged from the process. Because of the bizarre speech pattern from the damage, she chooses only speak when absolutely necessary to avoid embarrassment.

After being fully healed from the process, Diana reports for duty to the Justice League. Her mission is to not only help protect the planet, but to learn and train under Superman. If the fear of Superman becoming a threat to the planet or the U.S. ever becomes a reality, Diana will be the first and last line of defense.

My inspiration for her was Bizarro, believe it or not. Heh.

-------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ

How long is the contest?
It ends 9/29/10 making it exactly 1 month in length.

What's the winning prize?
A skin request fulfilled by me.

Is there a number limit on submissions?
Nope. Submit as many as you like.

murs47

Just giving a heads up that there's 48 hours left. 

murs47

Blkcasanova247

CRAP!!! I forgot! :unsure: Hey bro...would ya consider extending the deadline till Friday?
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

vamp

I already sent mine to Murs via pm, but maybe posting them here will give more attention to the thread.

Ver. 1 and Ver. 2

They aren't the best, but eh.

murs47

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on September 28, 2010, 09:40:15 PM
CRAP!!! I forgot! :unsure: Hey bro...would ya consider extending the deadline till Friday?

Sure. Friday night it is then.

Outcast

Some pretty good designs/entries so far.  I thought there would be more entries though. Like from Green Hornet or Mole Man 18. They also had a lot of nice ideas in another thread. :)

Blkcasanova247

DAAMMIITT!!!!! My internet is out at home probably for the weekend!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

murs47

And the contest is over. I'd like to thank everyone that took time out of their schedules to participate in this, I very much appreciate it.

Without further ado, our winner is Vamp with his first sketch/concept. I feel it matches my written idea for Ultimate Wonder Woman quite well.

I've got plans for other contests as well but I'm going to hold off until I finish my initial plans for this project.

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on October 01, 2010, 09:49:16 PM
DAAMMIITT!!!!! My internet is out at home probably for the weekend!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I can't extend again. I just don't think it's fair to the others that submitted on time. But none to worry, there will be more!

Blkcasanova247

I wasn't askin for another extention...it' was just me saying that I was out. :( And congrats to Vamp! :thumbup: Good job man. But I did manage to finish the drawing I just couldn't get to a PC until today....for what it's worth..

Spoiler

the basic pencils

What I was thinking about for the color scheme...just the flat colors since I have almost no PS skills...version 1. Most of the areas that I left white should be black.

It really sucks not having online access right now!!! :banghead: :angry:

murs47

Blkcasanova247

Thanks Mursy. I guess I'll use her for my JLA Redesigns. Feel like giving her a coat of "paint" for me? ;)

Outcast

Wow nice drawing and design Blkcasanova. I'm really impressed with the face though. :o It looks like a life like sketch of someone. Maybe someone you know? ;)

Blkcasanova247

Thanks Outcast. The face I did over like 5 times...but it came from my head. The body is based on Gina Carano...former American Gladiator and MMA fighter. She's a big girl and fine as hell. :wub: ;) She'd be my pick to play Wonder Woman in a movie...if she can act. :P I guess I'll see 'cause she stars in the new Soderbergh film.

Outcast

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on October 05, 2010, 12:36:14 PM
Gina Carano...former American Gladiator and MMA fighter. She's a big girl and fine as hell. :wub: ;) She'd be my pick to play Wonder Woman in a movie...if she can act. :P I guess I'll see 'cause she stars in the new Soderbergh film.

Ah, i just googled her since i'm not really familiar. But seeing the pics i can see the resemblance. She IS a big girl and fine as hell.  :) I think i can see her playing as Wonder Woman in a movie too, if she toned her body down a bit. I'm not sure how her body looks like now, but if she's still too muscular....i dunno... :P