Use other than just "run" animation of speeding bullet, sprint.

Started by steamteck, September 05, 2010, 04:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamteck

Not sure where to actually post this but... I've noticed lots of meshes have a "charge " etc animation which I would really like to use for speeding bullet  but the game only lets me select the "run" animation. Is there any way to fix this?

BentonGrey

For a built in character you can select whatever you like.  It may or may not work, though.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

steamteck

Interesting. I've only tried with the customs and "run" is the only one allowed

trebean

Bump, I had this in my mind when making my Beast Boy Herofile, AA's mesh has a special run where he turns into a dino, of course only the run came up in the selection so I tried modifying it on EZHero, replacing run with special_run. Saved it, ran the game, still just regular run in-game.

spydermann93

Quote from: trebean on June 06, 2014, 10:17:59 AM
Bump, I had this in my mind when making my Beast Boy Herofile, AA's mesh has a special run where he turns into a dino, of course only the run came up in the selection so I tried modifying it on EZHero, replacing run with special_run. Saved it, ran the game, still just regular run in-game.

I think Benton's right about only Built-in characters being able to use special run animations.  No custom character has ever worked for me, but I have yet to try built-in.

I'm looking at you, Ghost Rider. :ph34r:

detourne_me

My workaround for this is naming the special run key frame as tumble. Then, I give them the tumble power. This is the only way to get a non run animation to be used.  Unfortunately it won't work for speeding bullet though.
I haven't tried renaming a key frame "sprint" yet.  I wonder if that could work

hoss20

I even tried creating a new Speeding Bullet power in FFEdit. I made one for the Rhino and customized it to have a lot higher magnitude, naming it Rhino Charge. I assigned it the 'special' animation as the default. Upon choosing this power in-game, it still only offers the 'run' animation. Upon checking the original Speeding Bullet power in FFEdit, it also shows the 'special' animation as the default. When I checked Bullet in-game, however, he also showed as using the 'run' animation. So, if an original, built in, Irrational Games, character can't even use the animation assigned to his power in FFEdit, I'm thinking we may just be out of luck.

I also removed the contact/leave hand from the 'special' animation for my new power and that didn't work either. I figured since the 'run' animation was being used as the default, and it doesn't have a contact/leave hand in it, that I'd give it a shot.

lion23dj

I can't remember exactly but I think that you must rename de animation with Nifskope to run, run_2, run_3, etc. Save and see in game.