News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Can I keep him?

Started by daglob, October 09, 2010, 04:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I told my son-in-law that he's lucky he doesn't have an alligator in his bathtub right now.

ow_tiobe_sb

Three things:

1. According to customary western dress and hairstyle practices, the person depicted appears to be a young female or girl.  Consequently, the thread title should read, "Can I keep her?"; however, ...

2. The correct modal verb usage here would be "May I keep her?"

3. It is both highly illegal and not recommended (though probably very helpful) to provide shelter and food to a child without first acquiring custody.  There are proper channels one must follow to complete the adoption process.  Please consult the Alabama Department of Human Resources website for more information.

4. Finally, "alligator in his bathtub" is a fine turn of phrase, indeed.  Kindly reserve your disgusting innuendos for a non-family-friendly forum, sirrah.

Strewth!  One would think that you would know how to make a proper post here by now, daglob.

:P

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker

P.S. Cute snapshot!
Two words: Moog.

daglob

Ah, Tiobe, you do not understand: I can have custody of this child whenever her parents allow it, being part of the perks you get from being a grandfather.

And "alligator in his bathtub" involves the relocating of a large, semi-aquatic reptile into one's bathing space. Not suggested if you actually want to use the bathtub to take a bath. My daughter has brought home strays all her life, and it was probably a lack of opportunity (or pure chance) that prevented her from acquiring a semi-aquatic reptile to add to her menagerie.

You are right about one thing, though: I have been informed that it is a girl alligator. I usually put such creatures in two groups: 'Way over there and  'way too close, and never bothered to learn how to tell them apart otherwise.

ow_tiobe_sb

But...but...what's the fun in that? *pouts*

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Reepicheep

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Reepicheep on October 20, 2010, 11:19:07 AM
Liar!

Why, thank you, Mr. Cheep! :)

*converts Reep into a pair of boots to make this banter more thread-relevant*

ow_tiobe_sb