How to get VPMAX to work with FF3.3? also 'merge dat files' doesn't work

Started by darkriminal, October 17, 2010, 07:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkriminal

I downloaded, unzipped, and install all of crimson's VPMAX 1 to 1.5b from http://crimsonquill.wordpress.com/mpmax-mod/ to my FFVT3R data folder. The voice packs works fine with FFVT3R but the voice packs don't show up at all in FFX3.3.  How can I get FFX 3.3 to recognize the voice packs in my FFVT3R data folder?

Also, I tried installing the new attributes DAT within the bonus folder by merging it with the attributes in my FFX 3.3 folder and it doesn't work at all in FFX3.3 nor in FFVT3R. I've tried merging the DATs twice. I made sure to check that the DATs weren't "read only" and I installed the py file according to the directions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

crimsonquill

Quote from: darkriminal on October 17, 2010, 07:41:18 AM
I downloaded, unzipped, and install all of crimson's VPMAX 1 to 1.5b from http://crimsonquill.wordpress.com/mpmax-mod/ to my FFVT3R data folder. The voice packs works fine with FFVT3R but the voice packs don't show up at all in FFX3.3.  How can I get FFX 3.3 to recognize the voice packs in my FFVT3R data folder?

Sounds to me like you are missing a step somewhere in the installation. Cause if they show up in the regular game then they should be installed correctly and in the right place if you hear a test quote when you select the "voice_of..." name. The only other way that they couldn't show up when you load up FFX is that they are not installed in the FFX data directory OR you merged the Lang dats with those in the regular game and not the FFX folder.

Quote from: darkriminal on October 17, 2010, 07:41:18 AM
Also, I tried installing the new attributes DAT within the bonus folder by merging it with the attributes in my FFX 3.3 folder and it doesn't work at all in FFX3.3 nor in FFVT3R. I've tried merging the DATs twice. I made sure to check that the DATs weren't "read only" and I installed the py file according to the directions.

This is a two step install process.. merging the attribute DATs is the first part but you have you make sure you place the ffxmulti.py file into the C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3\Missions\Scripts folder as well since it's the key for making the majority of my attributes to work correctly.

I'm hoping to get VPMAXv2 finished before the holidays get here. It's probably not going to add alot of new voices but it will be a self-install file that should put everything in it's proper place and get the voices working without much hassle. Thanks for using VPMAX though.. every new person that uses my mod just makes the hard work more worth it.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

fatnlazy

It's been a long time since I played FF, and I just got FFvsTTR the other day to get back in. Glad to see the community thriving again. (Can't believe my old login still worked!)

Anyway, I'm having a similar problem. I installed in both the FFvsTTR and the FFX folders, and like darkcriminal, the voices only show up in FFvsTTR. I see the voices listed in Sounds/Speech/English, but they just don't show up.
Sanity is a one trick pony...