News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Influx Audio: Running some tests

Started by Tomato, October 17, 2010, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

mk, so I've been prepping for an Influx mod for a little while now. I expect to be actually starting on it tonight, now that I have more or less everything in place now. Thing is, I'm aiming high with this... I've asked Bearded to do some head.nifs for it (MWAHAHA) and the next step is obviously voice acting. I know direct voice acting is kind of dead thing now, and truthfully it's one of my "impliment after the first 'chapter' is already done" (five levels just dealing with Influx forming... what? I said aiming high.) tasks.

That said, I just put together a few quick voice samples... partly to advertise a bit, but also to kind of cement what each character sounds like. As is, I'm going to be VA for at least 4 characters, and I don't want characters voices running together. Here are samples for my characters (and no, fourth is NOT Marauder OR Mahty.)

Tomato.mp3
Chnybe.mp3
Kid Rocket.mp3
___.mp3

And now that I've shown my piece off, here's the interesting bit: If I do this, while my concern is mainly the main group of Influx+The mystery character above, I'm going to need some VAs for other characters as well if I want this wholly implimented... I have some minor VA/Audio editing skillz, but I'm not skilled enough to be everyone ever. Here's a list of characters that still need VAing:

Afghan Ant
Glitch Girl
Ink
Mahty
Marauder
Podmark
Randy
Volt

Misc:
Misc. (civilians, random thugs, etc.)
Sharkmen

Now, for the avatars, obviously if the person who owns the character wants to come in and do the voices themselves, they have first priority. That said, I know some (Mahty, Ink, Randy) people are busy enough, while others (Marauder, Volt) don't really keep up with me or the forums. I'll probably still PM/Email everyone regardless, but don't feel shy about offering.

Anyone who is interested just PM me a list of characters you'd like to take a stab at and I'll come up with some dialogue and some minor coaching for each character.

Edit: Bonus points to whoever gets the reference KR is making.

Panther_Gunn

Do you have the already-existing Volt voice pack?  Unless, of course, you're looking to have specifically scripted lines as well....
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 17, 2010, 08:13:08 PM
Do you have the already-existing Volt voice pack?  Unless, of course, you're looking to have specifically scripted lines as well....

No I do not... unfortunately I don't know where to find a lot of Volt's stuff, since the only place I knew him to be was EF (I left before FR came about, and I didn't come back until Volt had pretty much left), which is unfortunately absent. But regardless, I am looking to have some scripted lines... Volt's being some of the major ones in the first episode.

Since most of the responses I got from the people on FR I PMed asked how much work would be involved, here's a quick rundown:

Core Chars:

Marauder-Consistently busy. He doesn't speak much during the first chapter, but he is a mainstay in the series. Probably need a full VP as well. Again, we're looking at a couple months between episodes and such so you wouldn't have a 100+ line workload, but it's still busier then 1 episode cameos.
Mahty- Worse than Marauder. Mahty is the focus of some major plot-lines in Influx, and whoever does it would have to have a good range... she's prone to fits of yelling and stabbing people.

Random Cameos(I'm going to exclude those who have PMed me back and suggested they might do their own chars)

Afghan Ant- Right now I'm looking at one chapter with AA. He doesn't actively fight, so he doesn't need a VP, but he acts as the tutorial voice in the second level... so a bunch of random dialogue.
Ink- Not as much... a bare bones VP (maybe 6 lines, if that. The first chapter is basically a sharkmen romp, so there's really no need for stuff like Hypnosis, Rage, or Mental Blank) and maybe half a dozen lines. I'm still writing random dialogue for the level, but I don't see how I'd need more than that.
Randy- Same as Ink, though with more lines of dialogue. He's the main boss of the level, so maybe a few more taunts in the VP too.
Volt- Probably the biggest "cameo" avatar in terms of dialogue. While we're still just talking a bare bones VP, but his dialogue is some of the most important in the chapter. Nothing long winded mind, but there are some lines that have to be done with a certain energy.

oh, and I forgot one (I might just do this one myself, I only need like, 3 lines of dialogue for him):

The President- I hesitate to post this here, but essentially I'd need a spoof on Bush (I want to emphasize that this is ONLY because Bush was president during the era the episode takes place in, the last thing I need is political nonsense being dragged into this).

Panther_Gunn

If you want, I can send you a copy of Volt's vp.  If you can find someone whose voice can mimic his closely enough, then that cuts down on the things you need to get done.  Otherwise, it will at least give you some insight as to the kind of lines he would script for himself.

Tomato

oh yes, I'd definitely like to have it. I'll PM you my Download email right quick

Panther_Gunn

Tomato

Got.

Blah... I've been playing with it a bit, and it's hard for me to do a good imitation of Volt's speech. He has a slight difference in accent and phrasing that I'm having trouble with (more a matter of balance... trying to imitate the slight accent is pretty hard). I might post some select bits here, just to see if anyone can do better.

Edit: so yeah, everything I record seems to sound like me or some bizzare western accent. blah. Here's a quick snippit from the VP, as well as some example lines from the mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1w77k7varktpzh/voltexamples.rar

randyripoff

I think I have time to do this. Tell me what you need.

cmdrkoenig67

Those voice samples you made are great, Tomato...Good job!

For Glitch Girl, maybe you could use one of the voice packs she made a few years back (They're very good)?...She made Neutral_Female, Gruff_Female, Mystic_Female and Robotic_Female.

They're here, if you'd like to check them out... http://www.mediafire.com/file/kcafadykelmfeax/glitch_girl.zip

Dana

Tomato

Thanks man! I wish I knew where to find a lot of this stuff, make everything a tad easier.

I just sent scripts off to Randy and GG, see if they'd be cool with doing some voices for it. In the meantime, I'm probably going to be getting some artsy stuff done tonight, so I can post an actual thread in modding sometime tomorrow.