News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Girl Genius thread

Started by Glitch Girl, October 18, 2010, 01:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Someone mentioned that he might be Bill Heterodyne. I don't think so, but...

...what if he is A Hetrerodyne? Some younger brother exiled (voluntarily) when the older brother came into posession of Der Castle. But before he left, he took a good sized swig of The Dyne. After recovering, he took off and has been hiding for... years. He is not in the line of succession, so he isn't an heir, but he is still a member of the family.

Glitch Girl

From what I understand, the authors have stated Higgs is not Bill or his brother, beyond that, who knows?

As for today's comic...

Spoiler
Looks like Higgs' injuries did finally catch up with him, but Zola is about to go up like a Spinal Tap drummer.  Go Violetta!  There's a reason I like her. :) 

Whatever happens next, I think this fight is almost over.  I have a feeling that Gil is going to finally cut his way out shortly after the dust clears and say something to the effect of "did I miss anything?" as he looks over the aftermath
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Viking

Props to those who accurately forecast elements of today's comic.

Spoiler
And props to Violetta for showing that a fight isn't necessarily won through the greatest application of sheer power, but often through bringing the right kind of power to the right point.

And though my predictions are obviously suspect, I'd be surprised if this is the end of Zola.  It somehow would seem fitting if she needs to be rescued from combustion by Gil.

And I must say - what with the various webcomics that easily fall behind schedule, it never ceases to amaze me how the Foglios manage to continue producing such a wonderfully-colored, drawn, and narrated strip like clockwork, three times a week.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Viking on October 27, 2010, 05:34:39 PM
I dunno... I have a growing feeling that Higgs is this universe's equivalent of Chuck Norris.

Higgs does not take damage from being impaled by a sword.  The sword takes damage from impaling Higgs.  And then probably apologizes afterwards.

The only way Higgs could possibly be more unstoppable would be if he had a beard, so that one could joke: There is no chin behind Higgs' beard.  There is only another fist.

Awesome.  The Bogey man checks his closet for Higgs at night.

Anyway, very interesting stuff so far.  I'm waiting for Gil to get his rear-end out of that stupid plant.  He's one of my favorite characters, so I want him to get back into the story!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Viking

I actually have a more serious theory about Higgs:

Spoiler
Maybe his ability to sense pain has somehow been shut off.  Pain is the body's normal means of saying, "Stop doing that!  That's just going to damage you more!"  Not feeling pain means you can ignore those warnings and keep pushing your body well beyond physical norms, right up until your body simply shuts down due to catastrophic failure.  So, if he doesn't feel pain, that would account for his "Ouch?" statement, followed by his faceplant.  Sort of like realizing, "Oh, dear.  That hit one of my vital organs.  This could be problematic."

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Viking on October 29, 2010, 01:47:42 PM

And I must say - what with the various webcomics that easily fall behind schedule, it never ceases to amaze me how the Foglios manage to continue producing such a wonderfully-colored, drawn, and narrated strip like clockwork, three times a week.

Really, if you think about it, how else could they do it?
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Viking

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on October 30, 2010, 05:33:13 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 29, 2010, 01:47:42 PM

Really, if you think about it, how else could they do it?

With mad science, I wouldn't be surprised if they used an engine powered by solar energy panels that caught sunbeams harvested from cucumbers.  And that would be the simple option.

Glitch Girl

Today's comic

OMG!  She crushed his...
Spoiler
...hat!
You don't mess with a Jager's hat!  (Or Higg's (whatever he is) hat for that matter.  ;) )

I really like Violetta's slight-of-hand tricks.  They are always fun.  I'm not sure what part of the plant that was she swapped the sword for, but at least it was squishy.  Of course, now Zola's in an incoherent hyperstate, and Higgs is going after her by himself, despite injury. Methinks Higg's ain't thinkin' straight (but at least he's trying to make sure Zeetha survives). My gut tells me she's going to get away because of this. 

On the plus side, it looks like Zeetha is finally going to get some medical attention.  I guess non-professional medical attention is better than nothing.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Glitch Girl

Today's Comic

"Wheeeee!!!!"

I so want one of those now.  :)

Also, don't those two make a cute couple?
(A couple of what I'm not sure, but they are cute together)
-Glitch Girl

Panther_Gunn

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Viking

This just goes to show...

Comic strip episodes dedicated to library research don't make for good commentary.  Give me a giant cat-robot-juggernaut ride any day.

So, uh... which two make for the cute couple?  I'll confess - I don't even remember the names of the on-panel characters at this point.

Glitch Girl

Weeelll... actually I was referring to Sleipnir & Theo (left), but it works for Moloch and Snaug as well (especially the aside) :)
-Glitch Girl

Viking

And here I was thinking you might have been referencing the forbidden love between one of the Dingbots and the cat juggernaut.   :)

BlueBard

They're uploading VonPinn's mind into THAT?

Oh, my.

The phrase that occurs to me is...

Spoiler
Franken-Thundercat

I can't wait until Zola gets to play with the kitty.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Glitch Girl

What is it with mad scientists and this kind of thing?

For obvious reasons, I am reminded of two quotes that almost, but not quite, fit...

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?
-Young Frankenstein

and

Donovan: Dr. Slate, next time you consider downloading the Little Engine That Could into a weapon of mass destruction...don't.
-the Big Guy & Rusty the Boy Robot
-Glitch Girl

Alaric

Personally, I think Von Pinn's going to be horrified to find herself in a far less scary body.
Fear the "A"!!!

Viking

I wonder if this will stop any of the Jagers from pursuing her so vigorously.  Or if this will simply add to the attraction.

Glitch Girl

ah DuMed... are you going to "live" up to your name?  I hope not, I like him.

Well, no matter what happens, I think I can safely say that this is not going to end well form someone.

"Call this a cast iron stomach? I don't!  This is Zinc!"  hee
-Glitch Girl

daglob

DuMed is family. Agatha won't like him being... crushed.

Glitch Girl

"Let's try to think like a diabolical, paranoid, amoral megalomaniac...  Where would you put it {Tarvek}?"

[giggles].

On the downside, I kinda hope they start consolidating all these characters soon.  All this constantly skipping around is starting to get tiresome. 

And isn't Gil still inside the plant?
-Glitch Girl

Viking

Clearly, this plant consumes its food at the Speed of Plot.

Off-topic: Which actually reminds me that my community theater group recently finished a run of Little Shop of Horrors.  I played most of the bit parts and walk-on roles.

BlueBard

Quote from: Viking on November 24, 2010, 03:49:55 PM
Clearly, this plant consumes its food at the Speed of Plot.

Zola did say that it took a very long time.  Of course she was planning to get him out a lot quicker than she's doing, too.

Viking, at least you weren't the dentist.

Panther_Gunn

Quotepsst -- it's "Yes Master!"

Not even if it would get me out of this castle TONIGHT.

:lol:

Glitch Girl

There's a reason Moloch has grown on me.   :)

Now, how long until this goes all pear-shaped?  I'm gonna give it two maybe three panels tops. 
-Glitch Girl

BlueBard

Quote from: Glitch Girl on December 05, 2010, 03:13:04 AM
There's a reason Moloch has grown on me.   :)

Now, how long until this goes all pear-shaped?  I'm gonna give it two maybe three panels tops. 

Well, since the main idea in today's strip is that VonPinn's mind gets transferred into the dangerous clank, that's probably a safe bet.  But one of the more entertaining outcomes might involve multiple mind switcheroos as a result of the experiment going wrong.  Probably not, but it's fun to imagine.

Glitch Girl

today's comic

Aren't they glad she wasn't the muse of... well, pretty much anything else BUT that?

Of course, I completely expect things to get worse in 3...2...
-Glitch Girl

daglob

Why is the history of the Muses continuing to get entangled in that of the Heterodynes? I mean, other than that the Foglios like them?

And where is Othar, anyway?

Alaric

Quote from: daglob on December 10, 2010, 04:53:44 PM
Why is the history of the Muses continuing to get entangled in that of the Heterodynes? I mean, other than that the Foglios like them?

Well, we know there's a prophesy connecting the Storm King's heirs to the Heterodynes. We know that at some point in the future Agatha's going to be involved in time traveling. I've been wondering if that's somehow connected to all the Muses and Storm King stuff.
Fear the "A"!!!

daglob

I did have a list of the original mythical muses. I need to look for it and see if it has any connection to the most recent revelation.

Panther_Gunn

Official GIRL GENIUS scents

:unsure:  .....umm......I don't think I *want* to know what a Jäger smells like.  Nope, don't think I do.   :blink: