News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Girl Genius thread

Started by Glitch Girl, October 18, 2010, 01:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Quote from: daglob on March 28, 2014, 09:58:08 PM
You obvioulsy never had to follow a Marvel comic storyline in the '60s. It was good practice...

Eh, I read "Looking for Group".  Those guys could teach Foglio lessons in long, drawn-out storylines...
STO/CO: @bluegeek

daglob

Never read that one.

Still, I'm not really dissagreeing with you.

BlueBard

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

Every story is better when you throw in a Jaeger.

I won't spoil it, go look:

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20140404

BlueBard

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20140618

Two years?!  This storyline is going to drag out another two years?!

On the plus side...

Spoiler
Castle Heterodyne isn't going to kill Gil.  Still.

Annnd... anything that scares the Castle everybody else ought to be really worried about.

Panther_Gunn

Is it just me, or is the figurehead on of the boats from yesterday's strip a What's New dragon?  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

Yeah, the second one looks like Growlf (if that was his name).

Bill, still waiting on issue #2 of D'Arc Tangent...

Panther_Gunn

I just realized, we haven't seen the wasp eater in over two months, right before they opened the vault with
Spoiler
the Storm King

Being as they're now in rather skimpy outfits, with nowhere for it to hide, does that mean Agatha has somehow been freed from that bond?  I don't think Phil would make an oops for that long.

Panther_Gunn

Today's strip, in two words:  Heterodyne ham.   :blink:

daglob

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on September 30, 2016, 07:23:08 PM
Today's strip, in two words:  Heterodyne ham.   :blink:

The mind boggles...

Panther_Gunn

Where's a geister dammen translator when ya need one?

daglob

Yeah, it would help if we had some subtitles.

Years back, someone translated their speech, but it was guesswork.

Panther_Gunn

I know there were a couple times that Kaja translated the jaeger speech, but that's at least readable as-is.

Panther_Gunn

Yesterday's strip has a special guest appearance by Sigmund the Sea Monster!   :lol:

daglob

I saw that. Before that was Sam Starfall, a Blue Meanie, and maybe The Bride of Frankenstein, Yu Go Oh, and Elseworlds Aquaman and Meara.

Panther_Gunn

Ah!  I saw the trident, but didn't look much further.  I must have been in a bit of a hurry when I read that one.  That's definitely the Bride, still in her wrappings.  And we both missed Hellboy in the panel with the blue meanie.

daglob

I'm a member of the Girl Genius Yahoo Group, and that was one of he first things anyone pointed out.

There is a guy (or two) in the lawst panel from Wednesday's cartoon who is probably someone. There is a small critter hanging on his leg saying things.

Panther_Gunn

Yeah, I saw that critter, but the appearance and what he was saying didn't seem familiar, so I figured it was referencing something I didn't know.  (I can't know *all* the content....and I probably wouldn't want to)

I feel like I should know who the dark, crow-looking person in that panel is, but it's not coming to mind.

daglob

The Girl Genius cartoon for 1-17-17 is the story of my life...

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/

Panther_Gunn

So, the Sharktooth story is over, but I'm not quite sure of the significance of the last panel.

Spoiler
That sure looks like Hadrian Greenclaw's hat.  Is it special somehow?  I mean, it's a nice hat, but it's not a *very* nice hat.

daglob

I thought that too. I wonder if Sharktooth was a Greenclaw before he drank the Jagerdraught...

We know Augie had a life before being a Jager; he had kids.

Panther_Gunn

re: today's strip

Is this the first time we've seen Dupree's throat?  Is that just a "regular" scar, or is she somewhat Jaeger-ish?

daglob

I hadn't thought about that; she usually wears a turtleneck. Someone on another discussion group was wondering if that smoke knight (or master assassin or whatever) was the one to cut her that bad. Maybe she "lost her head" once upon a time, or someone slit her throat. I bet that really made her mad

Panther_Gunn

Any insights as to what past event is being referenced in today's strip?  I really do wish Phil would include the old * note boxes from comic books of yore.

daglob

Maybe when she, Gil, and Tarvek were dying and they had to all be wired into a machine to resurrect. Or whatever. That's what I thought of. Let's face it, the whole story goes back decades now.

daglob

For those who haven't given up yet, Krosp returns. He calls Agatha "Food Lady", and she scolds him, to which he answers it's been like three years. Agatha says it's been like three weeks.

Krosp was last seen in May 2015...

Panther_Gunn

ah, so it *wasn't* just cat attitude at play.  I might need a reminder where he's supposed to be a monarch of.

And I was disappointed when it was Krosp who got off the ship.  I totally expected it to be all of Agatha's little clanks.  I wonder if the writer for Despicable Me got the idea of the minions from them.

daglob

I was hoping it was everybody: clanks, Jaegers, Adam and Lilith.... and Krosp and the bears.

Krosp is The King of Cats; the whole bit about him being the commander of the bears was a surprise.

Panther_Gunn

I *knew* there was something much more to Higgins.  I wonder if he's a construct like Punch & Judy.  Probably not, though.  Probably something else new & unique (to us).

daglob

My money is he is a Jager-General. He is not a lot like a Jagermonster, though, it's true. Perhaps he is a proto-Jager, a construct that was what they were using before they developed the process. Or... maybe he is the correct process; the one that made the Heterodynes such destructive monsters that still looked mostly human. Of course, if he is head of the Intelligence unit, looking like a "normal" would be to his advantage. Kind of the way Jenka dresses up and plays a part while gathering intelligence.