Animated comic movies

Started by AncientSion, October 27, 2010, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AncientSion

Hello,

im not really into comics but more into anime. Recently, i watched Justice League Crisis on two Worlds and the Superman & Batman Apocalypse. Those two were really good and im wondering if anyone could hint me to some more animated movies with good gfx and a decent story. Perhaps even an actual series or something as well. I like action, but a decent story would be good, too.

thanks a lot.

steamteck

Check out the animated Justice league and Justice league unlimited/ In fact check out all the series in the same shared universe ( Batman the animated series and Superman the animated series ( TAS) for example. Done by many of the same folks as the two movie you mentioned. Batman/superman public enemies is also the  movie  with events happening just before Superman/ Batman Apocalypse.

Check out the link for a more complete listing of the films and series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_animated_universe

Podmark

For animated series, Spectacular Spider-Man and the older 90s Spider-Man cartoon are really great. Two of my favorite cartoons.

My favorite DC cartoon was Batman Beyond, that series really inspired me. It has a really good movie too in Return of the Joker.

As steamteck mentioned, the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are very good as well.
My mind is blanking on other animated movies at the moment.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

lugaru

I've been on a huge roll of watching every animated comic related thing out there, mostly on my MP3 player on my way to work. All the DC stuff is killer, but also check out Hulk vs Thor and Hulk vs Wolverine.

Glitch Girl

A slightly older one, but "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" was the best Batman movie up until Batman Begins.  Worth checking.

Since you mentioned anime, Batman: Gotham Knight offers some interesting takes on Batman by anime directors. Some of the stories work, some don't as with most anthologies, but you might like it.

The Incredibles is Pixar's entry into superherodom with surprisingly deep themes touched on in the story. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

lugaru

Round 2:

I agree that Mask of the phantasm should not be overlooked... all the batman movies are good but in particular Under the Red Hood. Very hardcore yet well adapted, I disliked the Joker in it a little but only because I'm spoiled by Mark Hamill.

The Iron Man and Dr. Strange movies are better than you would expect, and Planet Hulk is extremely good.

The Ultimate Avengers movies are ok (mostly the first) and if you can watch the animated Black Panther series dont pass that up. It takes a good 10 minutes to get used to but once you do it is extremely good.

Lastly Wolverine and the X-Men was a real surprise as well, well characterized, fairly hardcore and the overarching plot is a possibly darker version of Days of Future Past. 

Cyber Burn

Avengers Next was really good.

Justice League/Justice League Unlimited was top notch.

Legion of Super Heroes ended up being pretty enjoyable as well.