News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Being Clever

Started by BentonGrey, November 12, 2010, 04:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

I'm going to regret this, but I'm trying to get mildly clever in one of my TMNT missions.  I'm looking for a way to create bombs the player can set off, and I was using discrete sabotage encounters keyed to cars around the combat area, but they can't be activated with bad guys near them...which sort of makes them pointless as a way to make the fight easier.  Do y'all have any suggestions on how to do this with EZScript?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

Forgive me, as I'm way out of practice. Is there a way you can set it up as a timed encounter that leads into an explosion? Maybe have your character do something specific to set off the next encounter, which is just a countdown? I think that'd be an adequate workaround, if it's possible.
Disappear when you least expe--

OmegaTek

Well, I don't know much about coding, so forgive me if this sounds like a severely stupid idea but... Dosen't that utility belt attribute come with limpet mines...? Maybe there is some way to edit the attribute so that you only get the mines...?

BentonGrey

Thanks for the suggestions guys!  OmegaTek, that is a really good idea, and as a matter of fact, Donatello already has Utility Belt, but it is an attribute that he can't unlock at this point.  I don't want to give him access to it too soon for balance reasons. :)

Prev., I will not forgive you!  Seriously though, that's probably what I'm going to have to do.  I had thought of that, but I was trying to find a more interactive way to trigger their defeat.  The simplest way to do this, though, is just put in an Examine encounter with a CS including an explosion, like you suggest.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

I don't need or want your forgiveness!

I was trying to stay simple, keeping EZScript in mind, but if I'm understanding your intentions correctly, then I think the code I used in Ultimate Trio for mission 3 where I have DP and DS set bombs would also work. It'd need to be modified a bit, but I know that's out of your jurisdiction. :P
Disappear when you least expe--