Return of the Lifetime Subscription!

Started by Alaric, November 12, 2010, 08:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

BentonGrey

Thanks for posting that info Alaric.  I've been wondering about that.  I'm afraid three hundred bucks is too rich for my blood, though.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BlueBard

I'm not sure how many people would buy a Lifetime sub when this is going F2P.  The lifer benefits over and above no subscription fee aren't much of an incentive, IMO.

Granted, it will probably save a lot over the long-term, if you plan to remain a Gold player.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

UnkoMan

Um, I think the benefits of paying over free are a ton.

I bought a lifetime subscription when it came out because I cannot justify paying monthly for a game, and I want the opportunity to turn it on whenever I like, be it once a month or once a day. I thought of it as a long term investment. I wouldn't want to be stuck in the pre-made templates of the free version though, just because I am not a hardcore gamer.

That being said, I also had quite a bit of disposable income at the time.

GhostMachine

I think I started playing either right after the lifetime subs were no longer offered, or right before they were taken away as an option the first time around.

I don't have much disposable income at the moment - I'm unemployed with no real prospects at the moment - but if I did, I'd have signed up for the lifetime sub already this time around.