5 Absurd Ways Comic Heroes Have Died and Been Ressurected

Started by Ajax, December 06, 2010, 11:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWPS

Wow! That's some seriously hilarious stuff. I also notice that many of these stories are actually fairly recent, you always think of crazy stuff happening in the 60s, but no, the F4 traveled to heaven in 2003.

I swear comic books have been doing this crazy stuff just to give Cracked more material in the future.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Talavar

Well, 3 of the 5 are recent, one's from the 60s and one's from the 80s.

Spider-man giving birth to himself blew my mind with badness however.  What was anyone involved in that thinking?

Tomato

Quote from: Talavar on December 08, 2010, 12:53:24 AM
Well, 3 of the 5 are recent, one's from the 60s and one's from the 80s.

Spider-man giving birth to himself blew my mind with badness however.  What was anyone involved in that thinking?

I could cite the numerous ammount of work creative staff that works on every single comic issue (including no less than 2 artists by the panels previewed alone) but... no. That is not thought there, at all.

lugaru

Yeah, somebody is always posting the comics articles from Cracked on another forum and I'm always surprised at both how nerdy and funny they are. Spidey is the gold seal out of that crop, pretty awful.

Glitch Girl

"Man, these drugs are goooooooooooooood...."

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Spe-Dog

Quote from: Glitch Girl on December 08, 2010, 01:18:00 AM

"Man, these drugs are goooooooooooooood...."

"I dunno.  Do these 'shrooms taste weird to you, Joe?"

"Nah. I wish I had one more day to finish these since they are so good...hmm...'One More Day'...there could be a story there..."

"Oh crap, Joe is hatching an evil scheme."
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

marhawkman

I actually kinda liked the Spiderman one.  It was more of a reverse-transformation than a death though.  He looked like he was dead because he was shedding most of his bulk.

dudalb

The only one that was halfway clever was Jack Kirby as God...and that tribute might have been the whole point of doing that storyline.

HarryTrotter

''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

And to think, my favorite go-to example was Justice League's Ice being resurrected by ritual magic in a storyline that already featured he Secret Six guest starring in and fighting with the Birds of Prey. It's pure proof that it's never a bad time to undo a c-list punk death.

Hell, by my count Marvel owes us a few dozen of those at this point.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Ouflah

Those are hilarious! Spider-Man wins the absurdity contest on that one, though Alfred changing Robin into a piece of furniture is a close second.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III