News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Exporters,Shaders, DDLs and stuff...

Started by daglob, December 09, 2010, 02:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I though I had the exporters and stuff for 3D Max to make meshes, but 3DM tells me that I don't. I also get errormessages about missing a DLL and the shaders. Where might I get these?

I assume that all that stuff comes together. If not, I'll gladly go get them from whichever sites I need to.

Previsionary

Everything that FF needs for Max comes with the help files you get from downloading the editor. It may also be on Irrational's Freedom Fans site, depending on whether or not their new design broke some of the old active links.

*you didn't say whether this was for FFvTTR or FF1, so you should clarify.*
Disappear when you least expe--

daglob

Quote from: Previsionary on December 09, 2010, 02:35:35 AM
Everything that FF needs for Max comes with the help files you get from downloading the editor. It may also be on Irrational's Freedom Fans site, depending on whether or not their new design broke some of the old active links.

*you didn't say whether this was for FFvTTR or FF1, so you should clarify.*

Actually, I'd like to be able to do both. I've seen the editor at IG, so I'll go get it.

Thanks!

ow_tiobe_sb

IIRC, one can only have one set of IG exporters installed at a time: that is to say, either Freedom Force or Freedom Force vs. The 3rd Reich (and I believe that the FFvT3R exporters only work in 3ds max 5, whereas the original game exporters worked in 3ds max 3, 4, or 5).  I seem to recall tommyboy telling me that he used to switch out the different exporter plugins as necessary whenever he wanted to export to a particular format, though I am not certain this is true (namely, because the FFvT3R exporters installer deposits more than just the exporter .DLU in the "plugins" folder--an .INI file in the "plugcfg" folder, perhaps, and a UI macroscript as well, IIRC).

Additionally, I don't believe that IG ever publicly released 100% working exporters for FFvT3R, so I will PM you a link to the working exporters.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Tomato

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on December 09, 2010, 02:28:12 PM
IIRC, one can only have one set of IG exporters installed at a time: that is to say, either Freedom Force or Freedom Force vs. The 3rd Reich (and I believe that the FFvT3R exporters only work in 3ds max 5, whereas the original game exporters worked in 3ds max 3, 4, or 5).  I seem to recall tommyboy telling me that he used to switch out the different exporter plugins as necessary whenever he wanted to export to a particular format, though I am not certain this is true (namely, because the FFvT3R exporters installer deposits more than just the exporter .DLU in the "plugins" folder--an .INI file in the "plugcfg" folder, perhaps, and a UI macroscript as well, IIRC).

Additionally, I don't believe that IG ever publicly released 100% working exporters for FFvT3R, so I will PM you a link to the working exporters.

ow_tiobe_sb

I've never heard that... but then, I don't have the 3R exporters so whatever. As far as versions for the exporters, I believe FF has two sets: One for 3 and one for 4... but the max 4 one works with 5 and 5.1. Similarly, from what I hear the 3R exporter works with 5 and 6, 5 is just the most versatile because it can use the FF exporters as well.

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Tomato on December 09, 2010, 08:53:21 PM
I've never heard that... but then, I don't have the 3R exporters so whatever. As far as versions for the exporters, I believe FF has two sets: One for 3 and one for 4... but the max 4 one works with 5 and 5.1. Similarly, from what I hear the 3R exporter works with 5 and 6, 5 is just the most versatile because it can use the FF exporters as well.

You are absolutely correct.  The assumption I failed to mention in my previous post is that, if one is using 3ds max 5 (as tommyboy and I are), one can only have either the FF1 or FFvT3R exporters installed at any given time.  Aye, I seem to recall someone discovering that the FFvT3R exporters worked in 3ds max 6, even though IG released the exporters for use with 3ds max 5(.1).

This will teach me to try to squeeze in a bit of frantic forum browsing and posting in between student conferences.  :doh:

ow_tiobe_sb
Two words: Moog.

daglob

Thanks to you all for the information.

Now I just gotta do something with it.