Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Season Three: Genesis is Live

Started by BlueBard, December 10, 2010, 03:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Season Three: Genesis is Live

The latest release is available for STO.  It adds the following major features:

- Sector Space has been overhauled.  Astrometric markers are now more subtle and can be turned off.  (And it sure is pretty!)  Also, planetary data is optionally visible upon approaching a planet.

- Crafting has been overhauled.  They aren't done with it, but the previous version has been simplified and is being positioned for future enhancements.  Additionally, Klingons can now gather or raid resources and crafting stations are available at Quo'Nos

- Pi Canis has been opened up to the KDF and new raid missions are available there.  Additionally, Klingons are now able to scan for anomalies.

- Mission Replay is now available.  Note that this is intended to allow players to gain accolades or rewards they may have previously missed.  Missions will play at their normal base level and will not scale to the player's level.

- Big focus on bug fixes.

- The Foundry for User Generated Content is not currently enabled and is still under testing/development.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

pr1983

BlueBard

The overhaul for Sector Space, with or without Astrometrics, is the best feature for Season 3 so far.  It really kicks up the visuals by more than a few notches.  Haven't spent a whole lot of time examining everything else, as I've been dividing my time between Holodeck and Tribble.

I will say that the Memory-Alpha/Crafting changes seem to be working as intended.  My main had put a lot of time into R&D and I find that he can craft more stuff than he could before.  Of course, there's more stuff to craft, period.  Doing away with having to buy gear to 'upgrade' is really nice.  The 'downside', if it can be called that, is that I'll need to spend some time harvesting the low-grade anomalies for making schematics in addition to harvesting the high-end stuff for making the really powerful gear.  That means a lot of travel back and forth.  Luckily, I've gotten some extra transwarp destinations as a result of levelling as a diplomat.

The Foundry will be the 'killer feature' once it's out of Beta status.  Right now the learning curve is steep and the advanced functionality to do some really radical stuff won't be there for a long time.  I'll discuss that more in the other thread.
STO/CO: @bluegeek