News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's Poser fun

Started by Deaths Jester, December 16, 2010, 07:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Seeing as I'm spending so much time now doing Poser related items, I've decided to put together a thread dedicated just to that and let my other one serve as my pencil and other artistic works.

So to kick this thread off, I continue with down the list of the FF avatar's that I feel need some Poser fun.  Here's Beyonder:

Spoiler

-DJ
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Figure Fan

That's awesome! I love the way the cape falls over him.

Panther_Gunn

He looks like the first contestant in Dancing With The Avatars!   :lol:
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on December 16, 2010, 10:57:48 PM

Dancing with the Avatars?!?! Wha the?!?!?  This is not a dance contest, go to Prev's thread for that!

Tomato

Quote from: Deaths Jester on December 20, 2010, 06:11:16 PM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on December 16, 2010, 10:57:48 PM

Dancing with the Avatars?!?! Wha the?!?!?  This is not a dance contest, go to Prev's thread for that!

Oh plz. Prev isn't even popular enough to get Murs to dance for him

Deaths Jester

Another of the FR members..it's Damnage!!  Note:  I know, Billdamn has changed his avatar's past to where it was less Deadpool-esqe but no matter what pose I tried I kept coming back to this one.

Spoiler

-DJ

ow_tiobe_sb

I thought Bill quit smoking... :huh:

Nicely done, D.J.  The indoor/outdoor lighting contrast is particularly well executed. :)

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on February 01, 2011, 07:05:27 PM
I thought Bill quit smoking... :huh:

Nicely done, D.J.  The indoor/outdoor lighting contrast is particularly well executed. :)

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker

The smoking thing was a bit of a nod to what inspired the pose and everything.  If you take this piece and the piece done of the Comedian for the Watchman's (comic version) original poster/teaser piece, you'll notice a very distinct resemblance!

As for the outdoor/indoor contrast, I actually rendered the two pieces seperatly with different light settings to get the look just right and then combined them in Photoshop with some retouching.

Amazo Version 2.2

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Deaths Jester

What I've been up to since the crash:

Podmark

Meer Tuefel (from the collab between Car and me some time back)

Blood Spider (for Murs' Marvel Legacy)

Steve Rogers: Director of Shield (for Murs' Marvel Legacy)

Ghost Rider

More to come soon.

Kommando

John Jr.

Like I said in TOF, they're great renders, DJ. I like your textures and sense of composition.
Great work.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Kommando on August 18, 2011, 08:06:45 PM
Cool renders DJ!

Kommando!?!?!?!  Where the hell you been hiding at?!?!?!?!

Glitch Girl

DJ: I just spent a little bit poking around your Photobucket album.  REALLY liked the second one in the album (Untitled_1).  That's really beautiful.

I also liked the Carla Bishop Action shot too.  Very dynamic. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Glitch Girl on August 23, 2011, 02:55:39 AM
DJ: I just spent a little bit poking around your Photobucket album.  REALLY liked the second one in the album (Untitled_1).  That's really beautiful.

I also liked the Carla Bishop Action shot too.  Very dynamic.

Ahhh yes...my photobucket album...i'd nearly forgotten about that one...lol.  The Carla Biship shot is for Prem and whenever I finish up his list of characters, it will hopefully get put out there for all to see.

The Untitled_1 was made for a very close friend who has kinda become my muse for pics lately (currently working on one for her right now again). She's supposed to name it at a latter date, hopefully.  I based it off a style similar to Andrew Jones' works..you can see his stuff here.

Deaths Jester

A new piece using Captain America becuase John Jr's use of the costume in his own works:

Captain America shellshocked during World War 2, it's a bit of a memorial to those who fell in combat and to Joe Simon, who recently died.

Previsionary

That's really nice, DJ. I don't care for how flat and basic Cap's costume colors look, but other than that, it's a good piece.
Disappear when you least expe--

Cyber Burn

looking good DJ. I like how the lighting on Cap's face brings a touching look to him.

MJB

John Jr.

Great work, as usual. I'm impressed by your lighting, great effects.
I noticed you changed the textures on Cap's costume, I'm curious to know why you didn't used the original textures.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: John Jr. on June 02, 2012, 07:02:07 AM
Great work, as usual. I'm impressed by your lighting, great effects.
I noticed you changed the textures on Cap's costume, I'm curious to know why you didn't used the original textures.

I changed the textures becuase I wanted a bit older look and joequick's set up was a bit more modern looking than what I wanted.

Quote from: Previsionary on June 01, 2012, 07:19:00 PM
That's really nice, DJ. I don't care for how flat and basic Cap's costume colors look, but other than that, it's a good piece.

Wanted to get away from the modern look and go back to the more basic look, in honor of Simon.

Panther_Gunn

*that's* what's been bugging me about some of these Poser shots.  The characters in them are *too* clean.  It really hits home with that Cap image -- there is no way he'd be that devoid of dirt, grime, ash, mud, powder burns, etc. if he was in the middle of a battlefield.  Is there a way to easily dirty up parts of the costume, or is it something that would have to be done by hand in Photoshop?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

John Jr.

DJ,
You got a more classic look than the original version.
Panther,
It's possible to add "dirt" to the textures, but I believe Photoshop is the best way to do that.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on June 04, 2012, 09:02:42 PM
*that's* what's been bugging me about some of these Poser shots.  The characters in them are *too* clean.  It really hits home with that Cap image -- there is no way he'd be that devoid of dirt, grime, ash, mud, powder burns, etc. if he was in the middle of a battlefield.  Is there a way to easily dirty up parts of the costume, or is it something that would have to be done by hand in Photoshop?

Yeah, I can dirty up the work, though, it's mainly a Photoshop work.  I avoided the dirt for no other reason than to enhance the idea of how prestine Cap is believed to be in the Marvel U.  I can do a dirty version with a little work.

naitvalis

Good works Dj!
I like especially cap, it is a very nice scene with him sad (clerly for the atrocities of the war) in the sunset.
Aside from the already heared "dirty-him" work, i want suggest to add some shadows on the ground under the legs .
keep it up the good work!

oh another thing, maybe with some strong sunset reflection on the broken window or on the other reflectin  surfaces the scene would look more  "intense".

cmdrkoenig67

That new Cap render is nice, DJ!

Dana