News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Power Trading

Started by pr1983, December 23, 2010, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr1983

Anybody able to train Emergency Power to Shields 3 to a boff? I'm looking for a commander level engineering skill, and that seems like the best one that i know of.

i can train a number of tactical abilities in exchange, if anyone's interested.

BlueBard

G'eek is now VA1 and can train any of the following Science skills:

Science Team III - BOFF Tier 3 (Lt. Cmdr)
Jam Sensors III - BOFF Tier 3 (Lt. Cmdr)
Scramble Sensors III - BOFF Tier 4 (Cmdr)
Tachyon Beam III - BOFF Tier 3 (Lt. Cmdr)
Feedback Pulse III - BOFF Tier 4 (Cmdr)
Medical Tricorder III - BOFF Tier 3 (Lt. Cmdr)
Hazard Emitters III
Photonic Shockwave III

I don't currently have any other characters in a position to train, but will be leveling up my Fed Engineering captain soon.

Also, here's a helpful link:

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_skills_trainable_by_captain
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BlueBard

Update: Picked up Medical Tricorder III to train.

Also, I will be retraining soon to reallocate my skill points from skills I don't need.  My list of trainable skills will probably not change much, but no guarantees.  If you need any of these skills for your BO's, please IM me here or in game.

BlueBard

If anyone can train Shield Generator Fabrication III, or has a tradeable BO with that ability, please contact me.

pr1983

i don't, sorry.

My Klingon Tactical Captain can train:

Lieutenant Commander:

Beam Fire At Will III (Space)
Torpedo High Yield III (Space)

Commander:

Suppressing Fire III (Ground)
Attack Pattern Beta III (Space)
Attack Pattern Omega III (Space)

My Federation Tactical Vice-Admiral can train:

Lieutenant Commander:

Beam Fire At Will III (Space)
Torpedo High Yield III (Space)

Commander:

Suppressing Fire III (Ground)
Target Optics III (Ground)
Attack Pattern Beta III (Space)
Attack Pattern Omega III (Space)
Cannon: Rapid Fire III (Space)

I've been thinking about re-speccing my Fed to make him more streamlined and focused on to what I want, but I'm not ready yet due to me wanting to get my Klingon up to Brigadier General.

And as I said before, anyone with Emergency Power To Shields III, please get in contact with me.

BlueBard

I'd be interested in training up Ground skills for my Tac BO's.  I'm not currently flying anything where I can use anything above a Lt. Tac station.

However, since G'eek has just made Vice Admiral I am going to start turning my attention toward an Engineering officer very soon now.

pr1983

anything i can give you, let me know dude.

growlermike

got a skipper who can train your BO's but we need to meet up face to face for the trade can't just email them across

pr1983

growlermike

You were after engineering skills of which I can train at the moment
Space
Emergency Power to Shields III
Emergency Power to Weapons III
Extend Shields III

Ground
Phaser Turret Fabrication III
Shield Generator III

pr1983

emergency power to shields 3 and emergency power to weapons 3, please. anything i can offer in trade? money? craftables (assuming i have the parts)? BO skills?

are they both commander level?

i'll be wanting them anyway; just wondering out of curiosity.

ill tty in game.

growlermike

no payment required mate I'll try and catch you in game

BlueBard

Quote from: growlermike on January 22, 2011, 11:28:03 AM
You were after engineering skills of which I can train at the moment
Space
Emergency Power to Shields III
Emergency Power to Weapons III
Extend Shields III

Ground
Phaser Turret Fabrication III
Shield Generator III

I would LOVE to get EPtS III and Shield Generator III for my Engineer!

BlueBard

PS. updated my list of trainable skills to include Hazard Emitters III and Photonic Shockwave III

pr1983

i'd love to get tachyon beam 3 off of you, please.

what would you recommend as a good cmdr level ability? best offence or defence?

BlueBard

Quote from: pr1983 on January 25, 2011, 12:57:17 PM
i'd love to get tachyon beam 3 off of you, please.

what would you recommend as a good cmdr level ability? best offence or defence?

Sci Cmdr level... Kind of depends on what you're trying to handle. 

Space:

Offensively, I like both Scramble Sensors and Feedback Pulse when I'm dealing with a group of ships.  It's nice when the bad guys are their own worst enemies :) I don't have experience with it in PvP, but it sounds like the benefits of Scramble are more limited in that situation.

I haven't tried Photonic Shockwave myself yet, but it now has a stun as well as the kinetic and KB damage so that might be useful.  Gravity Well will be or has been tweaked to be more effective; it will no longer disappear when the original target is destroyed.  Before it wasn't worth using.

One of the best defensive science powers, in my opinion, is Polarize Hull.  It breaks tractor lock and vastly improves energy damage resistance.  Sadly, it's not one of those skills a captain can train.  Barring that, I guess I'd have to go with Hazard Emitters or Science Team.

BlueBard

Ground:

Not too many really good offensive/defensive BO science abilities on the ground, in my opinion.  They're better at healing and buffing on the ground than anything else.  (Nanite Health Monitor is great, btw!)

I do like Gravimetric Shift, though, to root the bad guys in their tracks and prevent them from closing to melee range.  Tachyon Harmonics can drain shields and also do knockback.  The other abilities can be used somewhat effectively by Sci captains, but are wasted on BO's.

pr1983

sorry, i meant space pve only. interesting though, ill think about it.