News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Pod'11: Elixir Week

Started by Podmark, January 31, 2011, 04:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Welcome to the Podmark skin thread for 2011!

Complete Skin List

Haven't done much skinning the last 2 months for various reasons but today I return with the first of my Hellion skins. Julian Keller is a mutant with the power of telekinesis. He is a student with the X-Men and has at times has shown signs he could eventually become a bad guy. He's has had lots of bad luck during X-Men events, most recently his hands were destroyed during Second Coming.

Here we have the first costume that he wore while he was a member of the Hellions training squad.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Sweet! This week is gonna be awesome! :thumbup:

Sioux City Dynamo

Nice job Pod!  I am looking forward to the Hellions.
Io

laughing paradox

He came out really well.. I like what you did with the jacket.

Podmark

Thanks guys. It is now day two of Hellion week.

This is the second costume worn by Hellion. This one was worn when Hellion joined the New X-Men training squad and faced the Purifiers and Nimrod.

This and yesterday's skin are both reskins. Tomorrow will be the start of some brand new ones.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Always good to see more skins from you Pod.

murs47

My favorite of his costumes...muy sexy! :cool:

John Jr.

Great skins, Pod.
I really liked the young looking face and the detail in the costumes (specially the seams of the second and the boots of the first). 

Previsionary

This is awesome, Podmark (I still hate you, so don't get happy or nothin'). If only this had come at an earlier time. Why are you actively spiting me?
Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on February 01, 2011, 06:10:52 PMWhy are you actively spiting me?

For the LOLs i assume.
Also I still remember I have to finish that Young X-Men article for you. Just like I still remember Wolfsbane, Elixir, the three skins I have to finish for Tomato's collabs, and the Gentle skin Murs made me. I'll admit I seem to have a bit of attention deficit. Like today, I've been thinking of dropping everything and starting a Tim Drake skin set. But I'll be concentrating on my unfinished skins first. Probably.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on February 01, 2011, 06:27:21 PM
...the three skins I have to finish for Tomato's collabs.

Eh, don't feel too bad about that... TUE and Murs both have a backlog of my meshes too.

Podmark

So the news is telling me I'm going to be snowed in today. Guess I'll catch up on some sleep.

In other news it's day 3 of Hellion week!

This is the third costume worn by Hellion. It's similar to the previous one and I've always believed that the artist, Paco Medina, wanted to put his own mark on the costumes (as he redesigned most of them) after inheriting the designs from Mark Brooks for the last 3 arcs. It could also have been that they were just coming off a big climatic arc and wanted a fresh look. I like it, save for the weird crotch belt on the one side. I believe it only lasted one arc.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

I like it. The differences are subtle, but to me it seems less busy. I also like the buckle more too... more uniform, less plumber.

Snow day for me again too. It wouldn't bug me so much, except EVERYONE is off work too... I can't even pick up the dry cleaning that's been done since Saturday.

Cyber Burn

Can't help but wanting to ask...who gets next week?

Podmark

Day 4 of Hellion week:

This was another modification, this time by artist Skottie Young who also gave Hellion long hair. Again this costume lasted only an arc. It was around this time that Julian seemed to lose his charisma and was starting to show more of the depression and anger that seems to be motivating the character now - thus a change in expression on the skin.

I'm not really sure which of the three version of the red and black costume I like best. There's bits of all of them that I like and bits that I don't. And I still haven't decided if I like the long hair or not.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 03, 2011, 01:20:08 AM

Probably no one, but I'd like to do this again when I can.
I did the week long previews because FR is becoming more and more quiet lately, so I thought it might be nice to give people a reason to check in each day. Hopefully people have enjoyed it. Tune in Friday for the last day of Hellion week.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on February 03, 2011, 05:21:28 AM
Day 4 of Hellion week:

This was another modification, this time by artist Skottie Young who also gave Hellion long hair. Again this costume lasted only an arc. It was around this time that Julian seemed to lose his charisma and was starting to show more of the depression and anger that seems to be motivating the character now - thus a change in expression on the skin.

I'm not really sure which of the three version of the red and black costume I like best. There's bits of all of them that I like and bits that I don't. And I still haven't decided if I like the long hair or not.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 03, 2011, 01:20:08 AM

I did the week long previews because FR is becoming more and more quiet lately, so I thought it might be nice to give people a reason to check in each day. Hopefully people have enjoyed it. Tune in Friday for the last day of Hellion week.

I've got to admit, I have enjoyed the daily previews. A suggestion though, for a depiction of depression and anger, I think a more solemn facial expression would suit him better. You're a great skinner Pod, you show all of your character choices alot of love and it really shows. Compliments.

murs47

No wait, this is my favorite Hellion costume. I hearted it from the second Marvel teased Young's designs for the team. Well done Poddy.

Quote from: Podmark on February 03, 2011, 05:21:28 AM

Hmmm...I may have to follow in your footsteps. ;)

laughing paradox

I'm kind of surprised to find that Hellion had so many variations of his costume. I like them all so far, Pod.. top notch stuff.

My real question is who is designing these costumes in the comic book? Cyclops? Emma Frost?

Amazo Version 2.2

I hope other skinners follow up on your idea of daily updates, its been kind of cool popping in to see these.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Podmark

It's time for the 5th and final day of Hellion week. And this time we have a bonus skin.

At the end of the New X-Men title the characters all recieved new team uniforms inspired from the old New Mutants and Generation X looks. These costumes have more or less been used ever since. Hellion usually wears a jacket overtop of his.

The second skin features Hellion with his stumps. As I mentioned at the beginning of the week Hellion lost his hands in the recent crossover. He's not taken it well and so far he's refused robotic replacements and seems to be growing darker with each appearance. I'm very interested to see where this goes.

So that ends Hellion week. I've now skinned all of Hellion's costumes in 616 Marvel. I was seriously considering skinning his Age of X look as well (I love his floating robot hands) but perhaps another time. While there probably won't be a week-long skin set next week I may have something to put up.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 03, 2011, 05:29:34 AMA suggestion though, for a depiction of depression and anger, I think a more solemn facial expression would suit him better.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take another look at him but I'm pretty happy with the face right now.

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 03, 2011, 05:37:26 PM
My real question is who is designing these costumes in the comic book? Cyclops? Emma Frost?
I haven't a clue. It never did come up.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Very interesting "study' of the character evolution, Pod. The "stumps" version is very creepy looking, the kid have issues...
The boots and the details in the jacket  in the last version are great.

murs47

Excellent work Poddy! I really hope you do this again with another character, it was fun. :cool:

I think the weekly thing was a great idea and I hope others try to mimic it, myself included.

deano_ue

superb work, the weekly thing is a great idea but i find getting a character with that many costumes that are accessible could be hard

Podmark

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on February 05, 2011, 12:46:46 PM
superb work, the weekly thing is a great idea but i find getting a character with that many costumes that are accessible could be hard

Well it doesn't have to be one character. Could be a theme week like JLA or Batman Rogues, or just a random set of skins.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

I like how the last Hellion looks.. the jacket pieces are pretty cool. Is this an all-in-one skope?

The idea of having a 'reveal week' is pretty cool and one I will definitely use.

Podmark

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 06, 2011, 12:51:03 AMIs this an all-in-one skope?

Yep, where possible I try to always make them all-in-one.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

February skin poll

I've wanted to do another poll for a while. Some of you may remember my first poll where the X-Force set was the winner. I wasn't happy with how that went down, it took too long and even now two of the skins aren't released (that will be remedied soon). So this time it's nice and simple: 1 skin, 4 choices, choose the one you want to see most. I'm hoping to have it done in March.

Depending on how this goes I may do more of these throughout the year. The four choices represent the four directions my skinning is likely to take this year (Pym related, Batman related, BND Spider-Man characters, and X-Men related).

Hellion should be released this week. I just have to zip him up.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

martialstorm

Nice skins Pod! Gotta admit I haven't followed the Hellions much but your skin are getting me interested now  :)

Cyber Burn

Voted!!!

I have to admit, it's a good feeling to have at least a little say in someone's creative process. Whatever way the poll goes, whatever skins you choose to make, I know that you'll show them the same love that you do all your other skins/skopes, and I know it will show in the end result.