News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online Rewards program (Facebook)

Started by Midnite, January 15, 2011, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

http://www.facebook.com/DCUniverseOnline

On the Facebook fanpage, click on our Legends tab to earn cool in-game rewards. Just once a week if you change your profile pic you get a code to redeem a in game weapon. I got the code for Catwoman's Claws.  :thumbup:

JeyNyce

I've done it and got the claws, but again the code doesn't work for me.

Update: It took a while but it works now
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Spe-Dog

I'd done it but they sent me an email saying that they dont have any of the codes left in stock at the moment and will get back to me once they do.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

Midnite

Penguin's umbrella is up. Didn't get the key for it. Said it reserved a code for me.

Spe-Dog

"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

JeyNyce

Midnite

Went back to check. It said it will be unlocked in 6 days?  :unsure:

Midnite

Harley's mallet is up. Got my code right away.

JeyNyce

Already??!!  I went on to facebook and it told me Release in 1 day

JeyNyce

UnfluffyBunny

daerdevil

Well that saves me from visiting facebook this weekend.  Quite lame.

AncientSpirit

I really wanted to take advantage of these toys -- but got turned off when DCU wanted access to all my information, friends lists, etc.

So how often do you use these trinkets?  And are they better than the ones that came with the pre-offer deal?   

Also, have you found other trinkets in-game?   (I've only found one other since I started playing.)
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

Midnite

Quote from: AncientSpirit on February 04, 2011, 06:43:05 PM
I really wanted to take advantage of these toys -- but got turned off when DCU wanted access to all my information, friends lists, etc.

So how often do you use these trinkets?  And are they better than the ones that came with the pre-offer deal?   

Also, have you found other trinkets in-game?   (I've only found one other since I started playing.)

Just make another account for the trinkets. IMO the trinkets are good for the early levels. I love using my Bat Drone as a decoy. The vault trinkets drop so rare.

daerdevil

Meh, the trinkets are OK, but really nothing special.  To tell you the truth, I've only used the Catwoman Claws as there seems to be no way to delete them from your inventory (bug?).  Probably about equivalent to the pre-order stuff, but I only got the Bane Injector which wasn't too exciting.  As for those Vault drops, I've gotten a Clown Nose, Manhunter Circuitry, and Lion Claw that just turn your character into a really creepy clown, Manhunter, and Lion Beatiamorph respectively.

RTTingle

Yah, the final reward was underwhelming but I thought the 3 leading up to it where really nice.  Nothing game breaking if you don't have... but cool things indeed.  I hope to see more stuff like this and the next series to possible be hero based... since this one was all Batman Baddies based.

AncientSpirit

That was a good idea, setting up a second FB account.    They start you off with the claws regardless of when you join, it appears, but they emailed me that they are currently out of key codes but will send one soon.  :D
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

RTTingle

They ran out of key codes?

How do you do that?

RTT

AncientSpirit

Quote from: RTTingle on February 06, 2011, 12:36:49 PM
They ran out of key codes?

How do you do that?

RTT

They do that, it appears, with some frequency.   :D

Here's the emaiil I received --

Hello,

Thanks for participating in our DCUO Facebook Promotion. We regret to inform you that we are currently out of stock of your reward key. We are in the process of reordering the keys and we will send it out to you as soon as it's available.

As soon as we get the keys you will receive an email and you will see the key code appear under the Catwoman's Claw icon in the Facebook app.

Thank you for your patience with this process, we appreciate your support!

-DC Universeā„¢ Online Team.  :doh:

AncientSpirit

UnfluffyBunny

Quote from: RTTingle on February 05, 2011, 09:29:58 PM
Nothing game breaking if you don't have... but cool things indeed.

penguins umbrella is like, a 90% guaranteed aoe stun, and ups your crit chance SIGNIFICANTLY for about 3/4 of it's recharge time, in early game, this is pretty broken :P