News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

PS3 vs PC.

Started by UnkoMan, February 04, 2011, 05:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

So now that we have people playing both, I was curious... how do they stack up, playwise?
Would you folks want to share experiences? I am still unsure if I want to get this game or not, but even more unsure on platform.

lugaru

I've got a fairly potent PC so take this with a grain of salt but it has been running great for me, good speed, lots of action, good draw distance and effects.

That said if you own a 360 you might wanna go that route since I dont think you have to pay monthlies.

JeyNyce

I've "heard" that the PS3 version sold more than the PC which I think is good because maybe we'll see more MMOs for consoles.  I just wished that the PC & PS3 could play together.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

daerdevil

I'm on a newer laptop and it runs like a champ!  No problems whatsoever.  As for PC vs. PS3, I'm an xbox 360 owner and I think it's a PS3 exclusive.  I can't really speak for the PS3 but I'd worry about the chat feature on a PS3.

UnkoMan

Yeah it's only PS3 and PC right now. I don't know if they are changing. I had heard they were going to try to make them play together in the future? They might not be gunning for that now though, which is too bad.

The beta ran fine on my PC. I was wondering control wise, how the controller is. And chat on PS3. Do they use that headset stuff?

PS3 does have monthly billing though. Same price, except no option for a lifetime subscription. Laaaame. I've never been too able to justify paying monthly, thus my lifetime to Champions, which I hardly ever play these days.

JeyNyce

It seems like they were configuring the game for the PS3 because when it comes to MMOs on console this is a big thing.  I believe that this game has a lot going for it and they really want to expansion pack and updates and stuff, but it will take time.  In the meantime, I'm really enjoying this game.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 04, 2011, 03:59:04 PM
Yeah it's only PS3 and PC right now. I don't know if they are changing. I had heard they were going to try to make them play together in the future? They might not be gunning for that now though, which is too bad.

The beta ran fine on my PC. I was wondering control wise, how the controller is. And chat on PS3. Do they use that headset stuff?

PS3 does have monthly billing though. Same price, except no option for a lifetime subscription. Laaaame. I've never been too able to justify paying monthly, thus my lifetime to Champions, which I hardly ever play these days.

If the beta ran fine, the full game should run if anything, better.

AncientSpirit

Don't have the PS3, but love the PC version since I hooked up a corded 360 controller throuogh a USB port.   The game recognizes when you switch, and lists your buttons 1-4 so you don't have to convert triangles to alphabet, etc, and its really quite seamless -- plus you get the added benefit of using your keyboard to easily access your journal, inventory, alerts, etc.

Also, after playing CoX virtually since its inception, I jumped at the opportunity to do the lifetime subscription which isn't offered on the PS3. 
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

daerdevil

As for the subscription, it sounds like they've added a $29.99 for 3 months plan.

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?topic_id=17698

That's decent consolation for the consolers of the world.

And I'm with Ancient Spirit, that 360 controller has added to my enjoyment, but most swear by the keys/mouse option.  Just saying that gameplay is pretty good on a console-type controller.

Edit: Doh!  Ninja'd
Quote from: Midnite on February 04, 2011, 07:11:43 PM
Source link

QuoteLEGEND PRICING FOR LEGEND PLAYERS - 02/04/2011

It's been an exciting month for us at DC Universe Online, with so many players creating their legend and trying to become the next ultimate hero or villain. Metropolis may be under siege and Gotham City in peril, but an overwhelming number of you have stepped up in their defense!

In appreciation of you pioneers we are going to be offering the chance to lock in an extraordinary promotional rate of only $29.99 for the 3-month DC Universe Online Legend Plan. That's over 25% OFF the regular 3-month subscription plan price of $41.99! You'll even be able to keep that rate for as long as you are actively subscribed and watch the savings pile up! You really won't want to miss out on this great opportunity! The new rate will be available on February 8th so look out for it!

Lock in your savings as soon as you can once its available! Here's why....

You'll need lock in this rate prior to the end of the 30-day subscription included with your software purchase, or by March 1, 2011 (when the promotion ends), whichever comes first. Why? – because if your current subscription plan kicks in before you choose the Legend Plan, the $29.99 rate wont apply until after your currently selected plan ends.

Tortuga

I had played DCUO on my PC in the beta.  I wasn't planning on buying it.  My PC is not horrible but it's not great.  The control was horrible with the mouse (a controller would've made a difference) but the graphic glitching and online lag was not fun.

After talking to my brother and thinking about it...I picked up a PS3 and DCUO.  I love it.  It's smooth, I love the big screen and sitting back to play.  We've got a little group that chats via Skype (running on laptop/netbook) while we play.  The menu needs work to PS3ify it a bit.  Still, it's been tons of fun.