News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Looking for feedback on a logo

Started by DrMike2000, February 06, 2011, 02:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMike2000

Hi gang.

As part of my evil schemes (to be disclosed later so as not to gaive any preconceptions), I've come up with this logo:

http://www.fundamentzero.com/art/odds/mcn_logo.jpg

What does it say to you people?
First off, is it legible enough that you can say the name back to me without having to figure it out?
Any other comments or insights into how other people would perceive this are much appreciated.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

murs47

My guess is tech support and tech repair services. At this size I can make it out easily. You may want to make an alternative without the characters for small printing purposes like letterhead, envelope, and business cards if you have those things in mind. I'm just assuming this is for a business..ignore everything I've said if it's not.

daglob

I can't add anything to what Murs says. I think that it looks good.

UnkoMan

McNoodle? I had to read it a couple times, honestly. I thought it said McNolle on a quick glance.
The one fella looks to be playing some kind of keyboard. Another is perhaps an accountant. The third... mad scientist?

Reepicheep

Webcomic, perhaps? Cap guy either has an electric organ there or a sound desk? I'm not sure about tech support - would you really trust that middle guy?

From a graphics perspective, you may want to consider drawing the characters into an electronic typeface. The font style isn't really cartoony enough to get away with being freehand drawn (unless you really like that effect or wanted to achieve it, then go ahead.) and some of the jimmies and serifs look out of place. Maybe at least measure them against each other to get some uniform and consistency.

It didn't take me long to figure out what it said, but it didn't come instantly.

Other than that, I like it. Engaging.