News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

the work of evil: umm ok yeah 2/2

Started by deano_ue, February 12, 2011, 01:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on September 13, 2013, 07:21:50 PM
cheers guys, just out of curiosity does anyone watch the speed skin videos i enjoy doing them self as its a cool way to re-watch the work, but does anyone else  have an interest in them

Well, i'm interested in them. It would be interesting to watch it at a slower pace though. :P :wacko:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Outcast on September 14, 2013, 12:43:14 AM
Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on September 13, 2013, 07:21:50 PM
cheers guys, just out of curiosity does anyone watch the speed skin videos i enjoy doing them self as its a cool way to re-watch the work, but does anyone else  have an interest in them

Well, i'm interested in them. It would be interesting to watch it at a slower pace though. :P :wacko:

It's a very fascinating watch, and it really just serves to make me have even more respect for the content creators of the community. I agree with Outcast though, that maybe a little slower would be nice so I can have a little better understanding of what you're doing. But in real-time, wow, that must have taken forever and a day to skin. I am even more impressed with your Daredevil skin after watching that.

WyldFyre

I enjoy watching them as well.  I like to see how you accomplish the beautiful skins you make. Like the others, I wish they were a little slower, but even at the super-speed they are informative.

Thanks for all the great contributions. You are very talented, and like I said to Pod in his thread, I envy your abilities. You guys are amazing.  As are all the people who have, and continue, to provide content for FF.

"For Freedom"
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

deano_ue

ok guys i can try and have the next one go a bit slower. daredevil was over 10'000 screen shot frames so at a second a frame thats just over 2 1/2 hours of video

i just went with what i had seen on other speed videos with the average being about 6 to 8 minutes long, but i'll see what i can do. though you do realize at a slower all it will be will me drawing a line, rub it out,draw a line, rub it out repeat 6-10 times. curse the community and photoshop, close the program and go play kingdom hearts hd lol

Cyber Burn

Yeah...As interested as I am in watching the creative process of others, 2 1/2 hours may just be a bit too long to keep my ADD brain focused.

Epimethee

As I used to work with Photoshop a lot more than I do now and miss it, I certainly enjoy watching your videos.

...And the skins too. ;)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

deano_ue

trying something new, i'll be livestreaming the creation of a freedom force skin over at

http://www.livestream.com/theartofdeanirvine

I've no mic on at the moment but pop over and have a watch it may not be fast or interesting but i'm gonna try it

deano_ue

starting a new stream again in the next 10 or so minutes.

deano_ue

Tomato

dang it, I never see these until well after you're done.

ELECTR0

deano_ue

Spoiler

bizarro by the ultimate evil, on Flickr

bizarro2 by the ultimate evil, on Flickr

ok honestly not my best work but truthfully i got sick of the damn thing and dont really care anymore about it

minute man by the ultimate evil, on Flickr

minute man 2 by the ultimate evil, on Flickr

this was just a test to see if i still could skin, all from a wire frame no use of bases or anything. trying to stay true to the original but still make it look like a modern game rather than one from the early 00's. still not keen on the eyes but i think its the mesh more than anything

and yet all through the making i was picking many many  holes mainly because i keep comparing it others styles and versions even ones that hadn't been released  :doh:

mm nightmare by the ultimate evil, on Flickr

this i just didnt give a damn and went completely on a tangent. the game went real lazy with just the old glowing red eyes

Podmark

Really liking the Bizarro skin. I love all the tears on the costume. Nice skoping on the hair.

Minute Man is a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect you'd skin him. And you skinned these just from wire frames? That's impressive!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Ohh wow!  Neat stuff, TUE!  That Bizarro is just plain cool.  That ragged, rough look to him is really different.  Your work on the tears in the cape is particularly nice, as is his expression.

Minute Man!  That's lovely, clean and classic.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Bloodshadow

Wow,Bizarro looks amazing,I love the details on his face and the tears in the cape. :thumbup:
MM looks great and all this from the wireframe and no base?That is bad a$$ :blink:

spydermann93

Oh. My. Lord.

These are just too beautiful, UE.

AfghanAnt

Cyber Burn

I thought I had already commented on these, must not have hit the "Post" button.

Your Bizarro is outstanding. Between the Cape work and the Texture work on the skin and costume, I am just blown away.

As for Minute man, the fact that you did these with only a Wire Map is just incredible, both of your versions easily outclass the originals. Is there any chance that we'll be seeing more of Irrational's characters?

windblown

Very nice skins!! I love the torn costume, especially the cape.

Epimethee

Really nice works, TUE. Hoping to see more IG characters from you.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

docdelorean88

Both are stunning!!! The Minute Man really IS a great surprise! I'd love to see more FFers as well!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

docdelorean88

UE, did you ever end up releasing your bizzaro and minuteman skins?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"