Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy 15th Birthday, Freedom Force!

Author Topic: Freedom Force Tangent  (Read 1099 times)

Offline UnkoMan

• Gummy Hand of Justice
  • Evil is afoot! No, the whole leg!
    • SJHFTAC
Freedom Force Tangent
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:41:56 PM »
Okay, so... I don't know if this belongs in this forum but I recently had a dream of a couple alternate versions of FF characters.
It started with the Ant being one huge ant made up of a bunch of regular sized ant, but controlled by a central queen with a hive mind. Then came a strange Mentor and a totally different Minuteman & Liberty Lad combo.

Anyhow, I sat down today and wrote this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good gravy! And I didn't even GET to the Ant part yet. Microwave isn't a robot in this, by the way. Just another guy, though I don't have a backstory for him yet. I was also planning on using Sea Urchin (Man'o'war simply became living water and melded into the ocean), and maybe Man-Bot... who would be a robot. Or maybe I would make him a robot minotaur and call him Iron Ox instead. Also The Bullet shows up as a pulp hero type, but I've been debating if he should have powers or not. Maybe aim/luck powers.

I've got basic designs for the four main guys, and if I ever get back into skinning will probably do them. If I ever REALLY get back into the game I might even bug somebody to help me mod it, but those projects never seem to get finished.

Anyhow, lemme know what you think. I can post designs too, if anybody wants. And, uh, if this should be in a different section lemme know that too. Okay, that's it.

Offline Tawodi Osdi

• The other hawk guy
Re: Freedom Force Tangent
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »
I don't know if it belongs here, but it does look it could a good alternative universe Freedom Force.  Maybe, a modder would like to look at this.

If this is the stuff you dream about, I am not sure whether I should tell you cut back on the pizza before bedtime or eat more pizza before bedtime.

Offline UnkoMan

• Gummy Hand of Justice
  • Evil is afoot! No, the whole leg!
    • SJHFTAC
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »
Ha ha, thanks I guess. Yeah, I've got some interesting dreams.

I wrote some more of this, but you're right, this doesn't seem like the right place. Maybe just Freedom Force general? I wonder if a mod could move this thread over there? Or I could just repost with the extra stuff later.

Offline docdelorean88

• "If your gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style!"
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »
I actually really like this, and it fits the fan fiction theme well enough to go here. :) I would love to see some of your designs as well as read some more! It almost sounds like this wouldve been a great starting point for the MIA Ultimate Freedom Force. Great work! Odd dreams, but Great work!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"