The Best "Wolverine"! Is there even one?

Started by SHAUNIE, October 07, 2010, 06:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHAUNIE

When I started playing HeroClix, my teams were my favorite Marvel and DC heroes and favorite coolest looking figs... and I lost a lot. Then I started playing with the heroes I never heard of and the not so cool looking figs and I started winning a little more. I couldn't help but notice some of the characters never quite got it right... like Wolverine. I would say the best one I though, was "Sinister". I did just find out a new Wolvie is coming out and he finally might be the "it" Wolverine. What do you guys think?

BentonGrey

I don't even know if you're still around the community Shaunie, but I was actually looking for this myself recently, so I thought I'd take a crack at answering your question.  There really hasn't been a Wolverine put out that has both a nice sculpt and a dial that I'd call particularly accurate.  Ideally, I'd like a classic, non-godly Wolverine drawn from the 70's and 80's X-Men run.  He should be a 50-70 point character, but the ones in that range have really horrible sculpts and not enough regeneration.  The ones who have better stats are hovering around 100 points, though there are two that have good sculpts.  These are the new Wolverine from the Giant Sized X-Men set and the unique one from the Sinister set.  The one that I think has the closest to an accurate dial is the one from the Mutant Mayhem set.  The veteran clocks in at 74 points, could use more regeneration, slightly higher defense, and a shallower dial, but I think it's the most accurate out there.  I may try and pick one of the ones with the nice sculpts up and slap it on this dial.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/