Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: 15 Things wrong with Civil War  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
Re: 15 Things wrong with Civil War
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »
So that didn't in fact originated in the Superman story, and the creative teams were in on the joke even back then? Neat, today I learned something.

Anyway, Linkara did mention in his review that most of the stuff involving what Sleez was using his powers to make Superman and Big Barda do was implied. And really, comics that weren't Mature readers, from that era, tended to be more implicit in terms of such things. As one of the producers of Doctor Who put it "There's no hanky-panky on the Tardis." At some point they got less subtle, it was probably sometime between the 90's where the Spider-Man writer were trying to spice up Peter and MJ's marriage, and let's say when Scott Summers started a relationship with Emma Frost.

subscribe to that theory of Superman needing super strong women for...that.

Linkara mentioned that being bullcrap in his review of JLA: Act of God, and I'd say the logic involved makes about as much sense as most things in the comic book superhero genre, relatively speaking.
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline HarryTrotter

Re: 15 Things wrong with Civil War
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2019, 11:49:46 AM »
While it didnt go full mature readers,I assume it was a case of "look what we can get away with".
Anyway,others wrote about this story at leght and I cant really add anything else except WHO in the name of Rao thought this was a good idea?!
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer