Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Celebrate Freedom!

Author Topic: DC Comics Reboot  (Read 72002 times)

Offline HarryTrotter

Re: DC Comics Reboot
« Reply #1500 on: September 23, 2018, 05:51:30 PM »
Not that we needed another evidence that DC doesnt know what the hell are they doing,but here it is.  :rolleyes:
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
« Reply #1501 on: September 23, 2018, 09:41:23 PM »
They are trying to tell meaningful stories in the comic media that will be a beacon to the next generation.

No, I didn't say that with a straight face. What they are doing is using the "Kitchen Sink" method to try and sell comics. I'm afraid there will be more "sink" in it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:31:37 PM by daglob »

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #1502 on: September 24, 2018, 01:44:39 AM »
This whole naked Batman thing is one of the more ridiculous in a long line of ridiculous ideas to come out of modern comics.  Why?  Just...why? 

Anyway, anyone still reading Aquaman?  I'm probably a few months behind now, but I'm really not enjoying the whole Corm Rath as king arc.  It's not bad, but the art is really just a poor fit for the book, especially considering how amazing the art on this book has been since the beginning.  On a minor note, I'm really ready for the stupid long hair to go away.  I'm just disappointed with every issue I open.  There's been a ton of just floundering around (sorry!), with not much happening and the plot not advancing, and the recent (to me) twist:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I see I'm now several issues behind, and it will be a while before I see if things improve.  Has anyone read "Drowned Earth"?  Is it worth picking up?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey2

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #1503 on: September 24, 2018, 04:07:37 AM »
I dont really see any reason other then "we might get some mainstream media attention".
Which probably did more harm then good,but nobody thought that far.
Jon Farmer

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
« Reply #1504 on: September 27, 2018, 06:23:40 AM »
Doomsday Clock:

But who cares about the Watchmen book, because DC also put out the only thing people are going to be talking about right now. Tom King's Heroes in Crisis came out and spoiler alert, it's complete garbage of the kind we haven't had from DC in, actually quite a while, at LEAST since the start of the New 52 (Oh wait, I forgot about Bendis' Superman, oh well moving on), and EVERYBODY hates it. And once again, because it's Tom King and includes his terrible version of Booster Gold I'm glad that's the reaction, but honestly? It's not worth it.

I mean, I knew it was going to be BAD, but I had no clue it was going to be THIS bad.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:04:42 AM by Silver Shocker »
"If you put out a story that needs supplementary reading in order for it to be coherent, then's it's a BAD story! If you thought it was that important, you shoulda put it in the actual damn comic!"
~Linkara, Atop the Fourth Wall Final Crisis review

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #1505 on: October 06, 2018, 04:22:02 AM »
Ok,good news/horrible news time.
Good news, Young Justice will be back in its original lineup.
Horrible news...Brian Michael Bendis is writing it.
Jon Farmer

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #1506 on: October 06, 2018, 09:53:15 AM »
Yep, was thinking of posting that myself.

I spoke a while back here, about the possibility of Bendis writing the Batman books and getting his hand on Tim Drake. Well, apparently I should have kept my mouth shut, because now Brian "Have I ever really written anyone in character? Really?" Bendis gets to write ruin Tim Drake, the Connor Kent Superboy (who arguably came pre-ruined in The New 52) and the newly restored Bart Allen aka Impulse. Because apparently no idea is too terrible for DC. They don't care if the actual fans will hate it, they'll do it anyway! That's the kind of dare that just revs up their engine! Geez, DC, at least space this stuff out. You're not even two issues into Heroes in Crisis yet.
"If you put out a story that needs supplementary reading in order for it to be coherent, then's it's a BAD story! If you thought it was that important, you shoulda put it in the actual damn comic!"

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #1507 on: October 06, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »
I was going to say reset the counter,but at this point...wait,its been 10 days.
Jon Farmer

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #1508 on: October 08, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »
On a more positive note, I found out today that Amazon's got a listing for the final volume of Ostrander's Suicide Squad. May 2019. Quite a ways away but it is coming out. Yay! Nice to see DC can still get some things right. It's funny, just the day before I was wondering if it was ever going to come out.