Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Comics Reboot

Started by B A D, August 10, 2011, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

Quote from: Spade on September 02, 2015, 12:45:17 PM
Bat-Mite #4This time he "fixes" Booster Gold.  :lol:
In the next issue(Superior Six) he will fix The Inferior Five.Hmm,who could they be parodies of?

It's either the Jackson Five or the Fantastic Four, but I won't spoil it for you  :lol:
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

HarryTrotter

And here I thought it was the Magnificent Seven.
Midnighter #4 Guesst stars Dick Grayson.In sauna.There is some subtext there.And I guess the story focuses more on Russia from now on.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

SickAlice

I'm totally warming up to BatbunnyGordan.

HarryTrotter

http://www.newsarama.com/25131-superman-lois-clark-coming-of-the-supermen-titans-hunt-and-telos-announced.html

Convergence gets spinoffs.
Superman:Lois and Clark
Coming of the Supermen
Titans Hunt
Telos
Also,I guess that solves the question of multiverse after Convergence.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

With these new books coming out, I'm expecting DC to cancel some of their current titles.

HarryTrotter

Forgot to mention it when we talked about stories that homaged or subverted The Authority--JLA Ultramarine Corps.
Superman: These no-nonsense sollution of yours just dont hold water in the complex world of time travel and jet-powered apes.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Yep, I remember that. JLA Classified #1-3 by Grant Morrison, which, of course, has continuity with his Batman run because Morrison's cool like that.

I remember a reviewer calling Morrison "supercompressed" to counter decompression made famous by writers like Bendis, and this storyarc summed it up best. Micro universe, robot duplicates, and giant apes taking over a major U.S. city (state? it's been too long), and none of it was elaborated in detail. That's Grant Morrison for ya. And I kinda love it.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

It also picks up from his JLA run and carries over into Seven Soldiers.Which carries over into Final Crisis.Morrisons work for DC is pretty much one huge story.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

HarryTrotter

Coming of Supermen will pit a trio of Supermen against every Jack Kirby creation.Or at least every owned by DC.
Superman:American Alien will be an anthology series.Thats all we know about it.
Im actually looking forward to Dan Abnett writing Titans.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Not really sure where to put this, but a bit of news coming out of the Gotham TV show that has an impact on the greater whole... DC has reached accommodations with Bill Finger's family, and will now be able to give him proper credit for his part in the creation of the Batman character (Something most of us already knew, but due to a longstanding contract with Bob Kane, DC has up until now been unable to credit Bill Finger properly for his MANY contributions to the character).

HarryTrotter

So if I got Superman Lois and Clark right:
Spoiler
Crisis on Infinite Earths has been retconed.And the "old" Superman has been living in the N52 universe since Justice League: Origin?Only hes Clark White now.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

If that's true:

Spoiler
That's pretty crazy. Old Superman's role in Infinite Crisis was an important one, I kinda wonder how that went down if he's still around in the new universe.

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

It plays out kinda like this:
Spoiler
God-Brainiac returned everyone to their universes,but first sent them back in time of the first Crisis to prevent the collapse of the Multiverse.With Anti-Monitors defeat time and the multivers reset them-self.(Panel shows a large number of Earths.)By old I meant pre-Flashpoint Superman.
And I checked,this is Prime Earth,the mainstream DC-Earth.
Upcoming Titans Hunt will retroactively introduce Titans history into the current continuity.Basically fix everything Scott Lobdell did.
Question is: is the old continuity returning?  :unsure:
Jon Farmer

daglob

HarryTrotter

^And Bat-Mites idea for rebooting them is making them darker and edgier,thou thats his idea for rebooting everyone. ;)
Jon Farmer

Green Hornet

I am enjoying the Lois and Clark. During the scene when Superman, Flash, Supergirl, and Green Lantern are fighting the Anti-Monitor it shows Flash and Supergirl going back to their worlds. Does this mean they didn't die in the fight?  :o

daglob

Quote from: Spade on October 17, 2015, 05:29:45 AM
^And Bat-Mites idea for rebooting them is making them darker and edgier,thou thats his idea for rebooting everyone. ;)
Not exactly, it's that he's making them more like the present version of Batman.

HarryTrotter

All star Section 8 was actually hilarious.Phantom Stranger and Etrigan campaign for Demon by Garth Ennis to be collected.
Spoiler: it will be.Now only if they ever collected the whole Spectre by John Ostander...
Forgot to ask: did anyone read last weeks Titan Hunt?Thought?
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Passed on Titans Hunt. Looked pretty good though.

I actually read some of John Ostrander's Spectre series about 10 years ago or so....damn good series.
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

^Yes it was.But only the first 22 issues were collected IIRC.Damn shame.
Im sure I mentioned it before,but Titans Hunt #1 was pretty good.Maybe its too soon to give the final verdict,but its sets up a good mystery.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Well Bat-Mite is over.It was a good run,anyway,  :)
The mysterious villain in Midnighter was
Spoiler
Prometheus
Its nice to see him again.
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

Hey, good news from the Aquaman book.  Apparently Cullen Bunn is taking his ball and going home:
http://www.newsarama.com/26571-cullen-bunn-leaves-aquaman-over-fan-reaction.html

I'm sorry that he thinks folks were so ugly to him (and knowing the internet, he's probably not overreacting), especially given the fact that, ultimately, this is all DC's fault.  They removed the best creative team Aquaman has had in 30+ years and went with a "bold new direction" no one asked for and which was exactly the opposite of what fans clearly wanted.  They took one of the few bright, heroic books that DC was putting out and made it dark and gritty.  It was a stupid move, and while Bunn's work was certainly not awful on its own merits, it was utterly wrong for Aquaman.  I can't say how much I hated Aquaman and Mera being at odds again, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the vast majority there. 

The only question is, what happens now?  I hope against hope that they'll bring Jeff Parker back.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

HarryTrotter

So I caught up on the current Secret Six.It not nearly as good as the original series,but its not bad.Major kudos for retconing away Identity Crisis,keeping some continuity from the old series and bringing back Etrigan.  :cool:
I know its nothing official,but Geoff Johns confirmed on twitter that JSA(original) will play a part in Titans Hunt.It would be great if they would bring the JSA back.
Jon Farmer

trebean

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 12, 2015, 01:14:39 AM
Hey, good news from the Aquaman book.  Apparently Cullen Bunn is taking his ball and going home:
http://www.newsarama.com/26571-cullen-bunn-leaves-aquaman-over-fan-reaction.html

I'm sorry that he thinks folks were so ugly to him (and knowing the internet, he's probably not overreacting), especially given the fact that, ultimately, this is all DC's fault.  They removed the best creative team Aquaman has had in 30+ years and went with a "bold new direction" no one asked for an which was exactly the opposite of what fans clearly wanted.  They took one of the few bright, heroic books that DC was putting out and made it dark and gritty.  It was a stupid move, and while Bunn's work was certainly not awful on its own merits, it was utterly wrong for Aquaman.  I can't say how much I hated Aquaman and Mera being at odds again, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the vast majority there. 

The only question is, what happens now?  I hope against hope that they'll bring Jeff Parker back.
Dan Abnett's writing him next starting issue #49 (Funnily enough, #49 was the end of his run for 90s Aquaman), I haven't really read 90s Aquaman so no idea how he is. Glad to see someone else enjoyed the Parker run too. Though I think Johns confirmed he is also returning sometime in the future to do his Seven Seas Arc.

HarryTrotter

All Star Section 8 is over.The whole DC universe might just be a dream of a drunkard dying in the gutter.Classy.But it would actually explain a lot.
In Midnighter #7 Prometheus is back.And his credibility decays yet again.From nearly defeating the JLA to getting his arse kicked by Midnighter.
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

Quote from: trebean on November 20, 2015, 09:09:22 AM
Dan Abnett's writing him next starting issue #49 (Funnily enough, #49 was the end of his run for 90s Aquaman), I haven't really read 90s Aquaman so no idea how he is. Glad to see someone else enjoyed the Parker run too. Though I think Johns confirmed he is also returning sometime in the future to do his Seven Seas Arc.

Hmm, what's Dan Abnett done?  I heard that Johns was coming back, and I've got mixed feelings about that.  On the one hand, it means Aquaman is going to be staying around for a while, so that's good, but on the other hand, John's run was a mixed bag and he's all too modern-flavored of a writer for my tastes.  He relies on show over stay.  Still, I'm sure it will be vastly better than Bunn's run.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Silver Shocker

Benton, Abnett (along with his frequent collaborator, Andy Lanning) is one of my favorites. His big claim to fame is the Marvel cosmic titles before Bendis took over Guardians of the Galaxy. Annihilation: Nova, Annihilation: Conquest, War of Kings, Guardians, Nova, Realm of Kings, The Thanos Imperative, Guardians 3000 and now Guardians of Infinity. He also did a run on New Mutants (which admittedly I didn't read past the first issue, so I can't speak to its quality), and did a run of Heroes of Hire that I remember liking, but not loving. He did a mini after that called Villains for Hire. As mentioned earlier in the thread, he's the writer on Titans Hunt, and back in the day he did work for Marvel U.K.
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Thanks SS, I haven't read any of those, but I've heard good things about many of them.  Here's hoping that he provides a good antidote to Bunn's disaster.
God Bless

HarryTrotter

http://collectededitions.blogspot.com/2015/12/starman-omnibus-vol-3-is-coming-aquaman.html
You will probably be interested to hear about Aquaman by Geoff Johns omnibus.Other collections include everything by Greg Rucka,Demon by Garth Ennis(hell yeah),bunch of Swamp Thing and Supergirl collections.And also Teen Titans Earth One v2 by Jeff Lemire.Btw there is a proof he can write good team titles.
Jon Farmer